Warn Lock , My Question May Sound Dumb

tropicana

The hubs lock the CV axles to the wheels when you engage 4-wheel drive. The rears are always engaged so no locking/unlocking hub assembly is necessary.

The Warn hubs allow you to manually lock or unlock the CV axles, instead of the factory automatic hubs doing it for you.

They are arguably stronger and due to the manual engagement, do not have the locking/unlocking issue of the auto locking hubs when switching from forward to reverse. Also, if you find yourself suddenly stuck in 2x, you can lock them and engage 4x where as with the auto lockers, you can not always get the tire rotation to engage them, and if you do, it may be damaging.

B

You may if you're lucky find stock manual locking hubs. These are supposively strong and hard to find. I forgot what brand they are. Anyhow, I think Milemarker, Warn, and Superwinch makes manual locking hubs. You can have these ordered at your local parts store or ordered online from various auto sites and ebay.

You may if you're lucky find stock manual locking hubs. These are supposively strong and hard to find. I forgot what brand they are. Anyhow, I think Milemarker, Warn, and Superwinch makes manual locking hubs. You can have these ordered at your local parts store or ordered online from various auto sites and ebay.

:yeahthat:

28 spline Nissan manual hubs are out there, but hard to find, though arguably the strongest manual hub you can buy. I wouldn't go get a new set, as the dealer will rape you on the cost of them, but if you can find a used set get them.