Off road lights install

kmgar99

Just to piss you off a tad, I picked up a set of Hella's brand new on Ebay the other day and just got them. I saw them retail for around $70-80, and I got them for $22 shipped. :contract: Gonna have to post picks after install.

yesssir the 55W "baja" lights for up top. their pretty bright, and do their job well. i just cant justify (nor can i afford) a set of hellas or kc's. the way i look at it. things will eventually get broken, ripped off, lost, stolen, etc. and if i had an expensive set of lights...well id be crying when they went/died...walmart lights...go out and just buy another set to replace them lol. when i get around to mounting more lights, i think i will stick to this style, i particuraly like the hard covers they come with.

on the fogs, those are from wally world as well, and are 55W, but a different "style" they dont have the covers, rock guards (thin strips of plastic lol), and the lenses are set up slightly different. they are marketed as "fog" lights. i put them on to replace the stockers that my brother tore off being an idiot.

Mine are 55 watt Hella's to go with the Pilots I already have. You can get good quality and brand lights if you're patient and check ebay. Mine closed at $12 plus $9.95 for shipping. Steep for ship, but overall, the price was right.. more than right, actually.

Hey Pickles, your right on with the "IF YOU'RE PATIENT" slogan when it comes to EBay....Patience is a virtue i've never had.....along with a few others...(my wife will send anyone the list if you request it!)

I went with the Wally world lights for the same reason as DSM...Cheap, and quick....specially since i tend to break things rather easily....

P...P...P...P...:shrug:

Mr. Pickles where are you going to mount the Hellas?

I was looking at getting some of those or some Piaas and I don't have a brush guard (I want to get an ARB bumper), but I would like to add some lights.

Post some pics when you get them installed! -bounce-

Mr. Pickles where are you going to mount the Hellas?

I was looking at getting some of those or some Piaas and I don't have a brush guard (I want to get an ARB bumper), but I would like to add some lights.

Post some pics when you get them installed! -bounce-

I haven't decided yet. Either on the front end somehow, on the roof rack, or hold on to them till I solve the lack of chrome toys for the front bumper. Either way, I'll post it (if we can EVER post pics here again).