Help With Engine Fault Codes.

joseph

SES light on- 2000 SE stock.

P0138 says 02 Senosor - Sensor 2 Bank 1

Where is this critter ?? Do I need to change it ASAP ( it's been over a week)

P0132 - Knock Sensor - Sensor 1 Bank 1

Same questions. Could this code be linked to the first one ??

Is it a matter of replacing the o2 sensor & away we go or is there some " reprogrmming" needed somwhere ??

I've read other posts on fault codes but I'm not 100% sure on what to do about these.

Many thanks.

joseph

So what you guys are saying is that a) I may have a fault code for no apparent reason, and B) changing the o2 sensor may not solve the problem ??

Any other nice surprises I should get ready for ??

Thanks

Yeah, same thing for me.

Have them for like many years.

There is a thread who talk about harness replacement and fixing

these kind of code

My link

So what you guys are saying is that a) I may have a fault code for no apparent reason, and B) changing the o2 sensor may not solve the problem ??

Any other nice surprises I should get ready for ??

Thanks

well a few things on this, to keep it simple. your knock sensor can throw both of those codes. but getting to it to replace it, is a weekend project in and of itself. replacing your o2 sensors wouldnt hurt anyway, considering, of course, if you know the last time they were updated...

well a few things on this, to keep it simple. your knock sensor can throw both of those codes. but getting to it to replace it, is a weekend project in and of itself. replacing your o2 sensors wouldnt hurt anyway, considering, of course, if you know the last time they were updated...

I've had the Knock Sensor code appear for about 5 years, but the "Service Engine Soon" light hasn't come for that. last week the light finally came on and when advanced auto parts connected the computer it said the Knock sensor (of course) and something about and emission house. Does that sound right? If so what is that?

I've had the Knock Sensor code appear for about 5 years, but the "Service Engine Soon" light hasn't come for that. last week the light finally came on and when advanced auto parts connected the computer it said the Knock sensor (of course) and something about and emission house. Does that sound right? If so what is that?

emission house? :scratchhead:

As I am the 2-3rd owner, I don't know if either of these sensors have been changed.

What else would I rather be doing now that it looks like spring has arrived than spend a day under the hood...

Thanks