Some Help Identifying A Part... 90...

Adam

Got my pathy running again after a couple of years of sitting. All new fluids, new gas. Its running rough, won't rev over 4.5k right now, and can't get over 25mph... I nheard a popping sond under the hood, and found this glowing red and smoking, its melted pretty good...

5d5e34c7.jpg

Its on the passenger side fuel rail... the engine also stumbles when I give it gas, and its hard to start. It kind of holds idle, but not really solid, all in all it runs like a bunch of cylinders are missing...

Thanks in advance.

No wonder it's running rough, looks to me like you fried your injector wiring harness. :crossedwires:

Might want to check the coil out too.

From looking at it, it looks like it just clips in, would this be fairly easy to replace? I'm not at home or id look into it further.

Anyone know what the part is? Looks like a relay or a sensor or something... I managed to seperate it from the harness, but its got no part number on the non-melted area...

I just went and looked at my parts truck and I found what it was. I didn't see it at first cause it was taped to the other wire that runs through there. I can't tell what it is either, but I can tell you what is on it. I'm charging my camera right now so I can get a pic of it for you.

I just looked at the factory service manuals and it looks like 105e which is called resistor and condenser. It is located on el-88.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/pathfinder/1994_Pathfinder/el.pdf

Excellent, thanks! Hopefully I don't have too hard of a time finding it, figure ill have to also rewire that chunk of harness

That is almost exactly where the resistor and capacitor are for the ignition circuit. They are usually all wrapped up in tape and most people don't even know they are there.

Edited by Indigent