Universal 02 Sensor Swap?

I need to replace my 02 sensor and am curious if anyone has done this with the universal o2 sensors. From what ive been able to find locally, the stock 02 sensor or an 89 pathy(vg30i), is pretty expensive, yet a universal i can pick up for 20-30.00 usd.

What is involved?

I ahve a feeling that these "univerals" will not screw into the stock socket(assuming i can unbolt the old one), what is the proceedure? anyone know the wiring diagram for this?

Also as a note, I currently have all my emissions capped off, and in the process of re-connecting for emissions test, things i know that are trashed is carbon canister box, I believ my egr, and some other misc parts. so if anyone hase a diagram for this i will be very happy(for some reason the haynes diagram makes little to no sence, and thats alot being that my background is in engineering lol) as a note i have rebuilt the motor, and it runs great, if not a bit rich. I ahvent bothered to test it yet(i heard some peeps pass with emissions undone, and others that fail)

thanks

scara

The universal are splice in style, you have to use your old connector end. Not a problem if you do a good job, but I bought a direct fit NTK O2 sensor for about $45+shipping on ebay... :shrug:

B

The universal are splice in style, you have to use your old connector end. Not a problem if you do a good job, but I bought a direct fit NTK O2 sensor for about $45+shipping on ebay... :shrug:

B

thanks! didnt think about ebay. Ill take a look, just need to get my emissions hooked back up/repaired for test, i have till july, so i want to get a head start on it.

would you mind shrinking your bumble bee pathy sig a little please?

lol, done.

I know the shock value of bumblebee can cause you to have an anurism heheh

funny thing though is driving, i get other people cheering me on, or just shaking there head in resignation :P

Edited by Scaramoche