Ecm Question Pathy Vs Hb

MTXaudioSYSTM

i posted it in my introduction my question but i figured id put it in here in hopes of finding out faster so on my days off i can find what i need.

my mecm-v140 recently got wet ( underwater) it turns over perfectly but no spark. the coil isnt getting spark ether and i figured since the computer was under water its toast. ( i cant find that number ecm anywhere!!!!)

my question is if i find a pathy with 3.0 A/T like mine would the computer work fine? and does it matter if the pathy was 2wd and mines 4x4? thanks guys.

i have a 90 HB 3.0L A/T and 4x4

I answered you in your intro thread, but essentially, yes, I believe it should work fine. Get as close to the same year as possible, mind if it is 49 or 50 state unit and match up auto or manual trannys (an auto ECU can be used for a manual though). I don't know if it matters, but I wouldn't mix 2 and 4 wheel drive ecus, too much else is different.

B

I answered you in your intro thread, but essentially, yes, I believe it should work fine. Get as close to the same year as possible, mind if it is 49 or 50 state unit and match up auto or manual trannys (an auto ECU can be used for a manual though). I don't know if it matters, but I wouldn't mix 2 and 4 wheel drive ecus, too much else is different.

B

i know i appropriate your answer i just wanted to see if anyone who didnt chime in to my first topic if they would see this.

what does the 4x4 VS 2x4 in the computer make any difference? jw

No problem, just pointing it out. As for 2 VS 4wd, I don't know that it makes a difference but I would avoid crossing them without positive knowledge. :shrug:

B

alright ill do the best i can. about to look on ebay in a sec. i know i saw a few for a pathfinder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170400368106&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

what do you think about that^

any idea if they have the same plugs for the ecu?

i noticed its a mecm-280 and mines a mecm-140

Edited by MTXaudioSYSTM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170400368106&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

what do you think about that^

any idea if they have the same plugs for the ecu?

i noticed its a mecm-280 and mines a mecm-140

I wouldn't buy from a place that has a no return for any reason policy, but then I'm a cantankerous bastage. :shrug:

Have you checked out the For Sale section?? You may be able to find one there?? :shrug:

B

I wouldn't buy from a place that has a no return for any reason policy, but then I'm a cantankerous bastage. :shrug:

Have you checked out the For Sale section?? You may be able to find one there?? :shrug:

B

yeah thats the only reason i didn't. good point and yeah i was surfing around on there. ill poke around again. whats the control module or gold box thing lol next to my ecu?

If you only had a KA.. I got a 2wd auto and a 4wd manuel ecu layin somewhere for em. I'd try to stick with the same basic driveline as B said. Stick witha 3.0 MPFI/auto/4x4 one.

If you only had a KA.. I got a 2wd auto and a 4wd manuel ecu layin somewhere for em. I'd try to stick with the same basic driveline as B said. Stick witha 3.0 MPFI/auto/4x4 one.

yeah.

i found a website that has every list of ecm so if i get one i can check the list and make sure everything is close to being the same. it says there isnt any difference weather its a 4x4 or not.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/ECU-ID.PDF

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Pathfinder-ECU-Computer-Module-2371088G71-90-92_W0QQitemZ180352709197QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item29fddbf24d#shId

found one that looks like it should work. as far as the info. same engine and trans with 30 day warrenty. about to order it in a few

ecu is in. however its just doing the same turning over. but this ecu is responsive. im going down to get some brake clean suspecting i might have gas in my water.

first turn over it almost started when i plugged in the ecu. so there is progress!

Edited by MTXaudioSYSTM

Can't you get those fuel treatments, and do you mean starter fluid, not brake cleaner??

Glad you are getting some response...

B

no i used brake cleaner. got it running. after an hour of getting it running better can drive it fine @!*%!

thanks for your help man!