93 Nissan Sentra

ac92pathfinder

i bought me a 93 sentra a few months ago with almost 258k miles. i was told never to run the car below a quarter or it will stall and wont start back up. is it because my gas guage is off or maybe a fuel pump issue? i havent tried running it below 1/4 tank. the car runs really good for the mileage it has a new clutch, radiator, starter and alt. its alittle beat up but i tend to do some body work. the car is originally from hawaii the guy i bought it from was living there so he decided to bring it with him.

I would think maybe the part that goes to the bottom to draw the fuel doesn't go all the way to the bottom? Or the gauge could be wrong. Run it to 1/4 then fill it and see how many liters/gallons you put in vs how big the tank is in the manual. Then you will know how accurate your gauge is.

ok so i looked it's a 13 gallon gas tank. this car is a project for me now. it has some rust by the door hinge i need to take car of on the drivers side. need to figure out on how to do that cause i have no welder. the trunk rusted due to the previous owner he was a surfer and i imaginge throwing his wet surfing stuff in the trunk so im gonna wire wheel that and put under coating. right now i just need to save up for new cv axles. car runs strong for 258k miles. i know i should post on the sentra forum but i cant find one that will respond. i still see my post i made a few months ago with no response.

Edited by ac92pathfinder