Only One Side Of High Beams Working?

BobLoblaw

Hey guys,

Like many people that own Pathys, only one side of my daytime running lights works. It's annoying, but not a huge deal. The low beams work fine too. It wasn't until recently though, that I discovered that my high-beams only work on one side and when witched on, a 'buzzing' sound comes from behind my stereo/ashtray area. What could be happening here? I'm mostly driving in the city, but when I'm on a dark highway, it's a little disconcerting.

just do the relay conversion, i know someone will link it here for you, super cheap, easy, and quick.. and its like installing a whole new headlight system on your truck as far as performance is concerned. and it takes the risk out of having all of the headlight current running through your colum switch. whos great engineering idea whas that anyway?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have switched the bulbs and the same thing happens. I seem to be getting less and less consistent operation of both bulbs simultaneously. In other words, just one bulb is working most of the time [Left bulb -daytime lights, right bulb-low beam, right bulb - high beam with buzzing noise coming from the dash sometimes no light come on at all.) Could someone link me to the relay conversion instructions please. I'm fed up with this ****. I've never had a car/truck, no matter how old and beaten, that's headlights didn't work properly.

Hey guys,

Like many people that own Pathys, only one side of my daytime running lights works. It's annoying, but not a huge deal. The low beams work fine too. It wasn't until recently though, that I discovered that my high-beams only work on one side and when witched on, a 'buzzing' sound comes from behind my stereo/ashtray area. What could be happening here? I'm mostly driving in the city, but when I'm on a dark highway, it's a little disconcerting.

I've had this happen to me before too on my NX2000. It ended up being my daytime running light module.

Dunno about the buzzing, but you should check your headlight switch. The contacts in the switch are small, thin metal reeds and over time they get a tiny bit warped or dirty and don't make the contact anymore. They're tricky to clean because they are easily bent but its doable. Once you pop the cover off the switch you'll see how it works.