Hi From Puerto Rico

ejmd81

Hi, I'm Edgardo Miranda from Puerto Rico. Yes, I'm new to this forum and this is what i ride

95 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4x4 automatic trans. All stock except for all water hoses, water pump, camshaft and cranshaft oil seals, timing belt, and radiator.

I want to do some offroading here in PR since there is plenty of places and trails to do so. As right now, there's no aftermarket parts in my pathy.

My goal is get some lift kit (2" or 2.5") some black wheels and tires but, before i do that, what should i take care of first????

I know that some front suspension components are sloppy and need to be replaced.

Any advise, tips and knowledge will work for me. :shrug:

Thanks!!! Edgardo Miranda :D

Well you hit some of the primary ones already. Just make sure you got some solid underpinnings(make sure you got a good solid frame). Black wheels/tires? Spray paint can do wonders for now and tires are black last time I checked ( :rofl: ) welcome!

Welcome to NPORA!! Looks like you have taken care of a lot of the common issues. Having an auto transmission, you may want to look into an external cooler, as the stock ones are known to clog up over time.

Bienvenido

If there are rocks where you are wheeling, you should consider some skid plates and other armor like rock sliders so you don't damage any of the underbody stuff. You are right though, fix up your worn out steering and suspension parts first, get a separate transmission cooler, then spend money on upgrades. If you plan on using tires bigger than 31", consider upgrading your center link and adding an idler arm brace. Search for "Grassroots 4x4". They make a good upgraded center link.

I am pretty sure most American parts suppliers will ship stuff down to P.R.

Welcome to NPORA!! Looks like you have taken care of a lot of the common issues. Having an auto transmission, you may want to look into an external cooler, as the stock ones are known to clog up over time.

I heard that today and will be installed. I,m having some issues with my transmission. Probably next week I'll take it down and rebuild it.

Now What can i do to make it stronger?????