Core Support

Toby

Is there alot of difficulty in pounding a core support out? I originally didn't think the damage to my right front fender was all that bad. apparently everything only lined up mildly because the last owner used small wood pieces to line everything up.

So i gotta get that knocked out back in place. I had pictures but I can't find my camera cord. so i'll post pics whenever I find the cord.

EDIT: Here are some pictures. Sorry if they aren't too good. but my camera kinda sucks

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

Edited by Toby

Depends how much damage is done. On my Sonoma, the core support was bent in and the metal was actually stretched. I tried my best to straighten it out but it didn't get very close. I ended up replacing the whole support and very glad I did. It's not to bad of a job.

Depends how much damage is done. On my Sonoma, the core support was bent in and the metal was actually stretched. I tried my best to straighten it out but it didn't get very close. I ended up replacing the whole support and very glad I did. It's not to bad of a job.

Yeah i dunno what to do yet. I don't have time to do the work but i have a weekend off now.

The metal doesn't look stretched. Creased, yes. But i dunno if I'd say stretched.

I'll look for a core support tomorrow as well. I gotta pull some misc parts for mine. Gotta pull a rear bumper and some leather seats for my S10.

Sonoma/S-10 core supports are bolt on (and a simple one at that, it's why all the minitruckers have the 98+ clip). Ours are weld in. They ARE avalable but take a little time to see what you can do with some Manuel labor first I personally say (and remember, this ks coming from someone who admits to being lazy)

Sonoma/S-10 core supports are bolt on (and a simple one at that, it's why all the minitruckers have the 98+ clip). Ours are weld in. They ARE avalable but take a little time to see what you can do with some Manuel labor first I personally say (and remember, this ks coming from someone who admits to being lazy)

I don't need one for my S10. My S10's core support is brand new lol. I replace that a few years ago.

I don't have the time or tools to remove one from a pathfinder myself. And yeah it's a weld-in. Hence why I want to try and pound it out first. I also gotta look for frame ends cause none of my frame is really rusting except the very ends at the rear. Right before the bumper brackets, the bottom is rusting. So might have to see what's up with that.

This wouldn't be a problem if the junkyard wasn't ran by idiots who junked a pristine 95 and kept a rusted out 89. I'll never understand some people's logic.

I don't need one for my S10.

I was more aimed at shift220 trying to compare a Sonoma core support swap to a wd21/d21 one, not really meant at you man. Sorry about that.

I was more aimed at shift220 trying to compare a Sonoma core support swap to a wd21/d21 one, not really meant at you man. Sorry about that.

Oh gotcha. makes sense then.

What I can tell you could get it close enough to bolt stuff back up to it in a solid way with some bending and a fiew good whacks, maby a little flame to help persuade it back to shape. Theres a fender and marker light that will hide all sin once it's togher so it don't have to exactly be purty.

I figured it was bolt on since its a body on frame. Does it get welded to the inner fenders and stuff? I guess that would make it a lot tougher to pull from the junkyard too..

You might want to pick up some body working tools to help out. Its nice when you have different sizes and shapes to pick from.

I figured it was bolt on since its a body on frame. Does it get welded to the inner fenders and stuff? I guess that would make it a lot tougher to pull from the junkyard too..

You might want to pick up some body working tools to help out. Its nice when you have different sizes and shapes to pick from.

My cousin does body work and is a half decent welder so I am gonna ask if he can fix this if I can get him to do my rear frame horns