Odometer, Speedometer And Tripometer Went Dead!

Vanganator

Will, I lost my speedoo, odo, and tripo today. Kinda weird. I'm thinking it may be electrical. But thought I ask before I start diggin into the dash or where ever I need to start digging in. Thanks in advance.

It's a 1990 nissan pathfinder.

Your speedo is cable driven so either it is stripped in the back of the gauge, the plastic gears are stripped, the cable is broken or disconnected or there is an issue with the sender unit on the other end.

B

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this issue as well, and it was the nylon nipple(stripped)that connects to you gauge cluster.

This is what i did to rectify.

disconnected screws, wiring harness's, etc to get access of gauge cluster(takes maybe 5min). You will see a cable the connects to spedo, when removed.

using a needle nose plier, pull out little nylon nipple(there is also a little coil behind it, dont loose) Inspect, things to look for are the nipple is stripped, or broken.

if this looks like the case replace(not sure if autopart stores offer it, mine didnt, so i went to junkyard and paid 1.00 for it) replace, with spring, and put dash togther, woot done)

or you can replace the whole cable(my orielies auto carried it) it's not really that difficult. It goes through the firewall, down the passenger side in the engine compartment, and connects to the tranny on the passender side. Takes no longer than 1 hour to completely replace cable.

I would also take a look at cable to make sure it is functioning.