Cruise Control Fuse

PATHRIDER

been trying to locate where the fuse is on a 94 pathy for the cruise control guys. I looked at the fsm and it shows that its fused but it does not give a location where the fuse is.

My cruise control switch on the left bottom corner comes on but Im not quite sure if theres an indicator in the dash to tell me its activated coz the cruise control on my wifes truck has never been tested until yesterday. Turned the switch on yesterday and hit the set coast button on the steering wheels and nothing happened

checked all my fuses and theyre all good...Is there another location for fuses on a 94 pathy besides the one inside the cab just above the kick panel and the one on the engine bay drivers side close to the firewall?

I also checked on how to trouble shoot the solenoid and the cruise module itself but before i go on poking wires i just wanna check the fuse first and if it isnt then Ill have to determine whether its the module switch or solenoid

Thanks fellas

I would check the steering wheel controls. More specifically the contact ring. Does your horn work? If it doesn't there is part of your problem.

Also I tried forever to fix mine and it turned out the switch underneath the dash on the brake pedal was not working. Not just the spacer that pushes it, the switch just didn't function. Swapped it out for another and I have cruise now.

There should be a light on the dash that tells you it is set. Of all 3 pathy's that I have owned none of the dash lights have ever burned out so I doubt the bulb is burnt. Hope this helps.

When you do get it to set and if it loses speed check the little vacuum hose that goes from the pump to the actuator. Contrary to what a lot of people think the cruise on these trucks is an electric pump that creates vacuum. It has nothing to do with the regular vacuum system.

Thanks adam..The horn works ..I replaced the vacuum hose today just to make sure.

would the indicator light only turn on when you set cruise or would it turn on when you hit the on/ off switch just below the vents? the switch has a square green light and that turns on when pressed

Im going to have to check the switch on the brakes. I have not looked under there yet..This saved me time trying to trouble shoot all the wires bro..Thanks

BTW I dont think it matters if its stick or auto on the brake switch part right?

I'm not sure man. I have an auto, there are 2 switches on the brake pedal, the one on the right was the cruise one. Also the dash light only comes on when you press set. The light on the switch itself always worked on mine but when I pressed set I got nothing on the dash.

Quick check on the switch. Disconnect the switch, and jump it with a piece of wire. Go for a drive on a deserted road and try it out. Or you could check continuity on the switch in either position. I did both just to make sure. I would do the multimeter check first.

Also since you have a manual there should be a switch on the clutch as well so it could be that as well. The same test would apply. Also make sure the switch is getting fully depressed when the pedals are not being touched...There should be little round black things that act as spacers.

hey adam it was the switch on the brake pedal..its the 1 on the right like you said..brown switch

Thanks bro..now my other pathy has cruise..you saved me a lot of time figuring out what the problem is...I even replaced the unit

im headin out at the jy so if you need the moulding for the front lemme know. I got you the rear l&r

Edited by PATHRIDER