Factory Alarm Keyfob

silverton

I noticed my rig has a factory alarm, horn under the hood, switch on the center console, but I got it without the keyfob that i read about in the owners manual, along with the factory alarm information booklet. truck came complete with the nissan folder with all the manuals in it.

are the keyfobs from ikeyless and ebay programmable to the stock alarm system? Also, is it a keyless entry system or just an alarm?

It's a keyless entry too. There are people in the forum who have bought the generic keyless module off ebay and programed them to work. I bought a new old stock factory Nissan fob off ebay and programed it to work. I had my original fob but the plastic was cracked and it wouldn't stay attached to my key chain.

The programing instructions are posted in the forum garage section I think. You program your receiver box under the drivers seat to accept the code from the fob. The fob code is fixed. Not the other way around like you might think.

Does the factory keyfob only have three buttons? Lock, Unlock, and Panic? or was there a forth one for the rear glass to be opened?

The factory fob, at least for 93's, only has two buttons. The lock/arm - unlock/disarm share the same button. Press once to lock once to unlock and the panic button is the second button. The rear hatch main release lock is included as part of the all doors lock or unlock from the remote but just the rear glass can only be unlocked with the key or the remote glass release on the dash.

www.dhardison.com/alarm.pdf

I went to a yard today with a 93 in it, pulled the module, and the connectors are different. the one on the 93 has something like you would see in a computer on an expansion card. the plug on my truck is an actual plug like you would see on an ECU. So, I also have a 93 alarm module. hah! take a pic of the connector end and i'll tell you if it'll work, and i may take it off your hands.