Craziness Today

wilson

this morning, I noticed a little hesitation while accelerating at low rpms. then while I was driving home, I gave it some gas and the baddness started. it sputtered and lost all power like it wasn't getting spark or something. all the lights on the dash lit up sporadically. also the clicking noise you would get with a dead battery, in time with the sputtering and lights. so I kinda feathered the pedal keeping it driving till I got down to about 20 mph, then it just stopped and drove fine for another three blocks to my house. it then dies twice in the driveway which is on a steep incline. any idears?

we have been gettin an unusual amount of rain here, and puddle crushing IS one of my favorite pastimes... I havent notice any water seapage. it seems to have cleared up for now, drove like a dream to work this morning. and threw a code 55 when I parked it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

At least check the wiring connector to make sure it is not loose or corroded. Obviously, disconnect the battery and discharge the system first. (wait 15 minutes and/or step on the brakes/turn on the lights)

B

Make sure your battery connections are clean and tight. You may also want to check the ecm grounds on the intake. Loosen and retighten them.

where would the ground be for the ecm on the intake? Is it that 2 ground wires just in front of the fuel rails?

Edited by PATHRIDER

well I tried all of the above today to no avail. there is no corrosion @ the ecu connector and any sign of water. It still has the lag @ low rpm starts and then a slow surge while accelerating. it seems to get a tiny bit better when it warms up. but still lacking a little power all around. anything else to know about changing the ecu? or is it plug and play?

The ECU is plug and play other than it 'learning' again when it is plugged in.

It really seems like you have something failing or grounding out or something. Sorry I can't help more but I'm a nuts and bolts guy... :shrug:

B

• 1 month later...

update:

I've never been able to find the cause of the initial freak out.... it has never happened again. I've attributed it to ghosts.. and something getting wet and since drying out. as for the surging and hesitation I've got that one licked. It would seem that do to the install of headers and dickin around with a warped flange and resulting leak at the mipipe where the o2 sensor attaches has caused my sensor to finally bite it. it had 215,000 on it . it was a good run and I will miss u sir! alas I've installed a new one and she's pulling like a champ again

happy trails

wilson

Edited by wilson