CALMINI

94 Pathy

Does anyone know what brand of shocks the CALMINI's are or who the maker is? I'm getting ready to order my 3" Kit, but just curious! Once I have enough money, I'm going to order 33's or 35's and put the 3" body lift on also. I don't think I want to put it one on top of the 3" susp. with only 31.5" tires. I think it would look too fubar'd. anyone do both with 31.5" tires? If it would look good, I might consider it.

Thanks for the imput! :beer:

I have those shocks but I have no idea who the maker is. I assumed it was calmini, but I may be wrong. I just got them because mine were shot and they only cost $50 more. When I have $400, I'm getting the bilstein 5150's.

Don't forget to upgrade your steering linkage system when you go throw on the meats.

35s are doable. You will need the 3" BL and 3" Suspension and do lots of cutting. 3.75 bs is the best BS. I have the 4" BS and it rubs the compression rod mounts on the frame with my 33x12.50s.

I'm trying to get up in the air like Josh Brazington's '87 Pathy? He's from Vegas. SWEET A$$ Ride Josh! :beer:

I might just go with 33's. We'll see once things get together. -alcohol- :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
Josh Brazington's '87 Pathy? He's from Vegas. SWEET A$$ Ride

Hey 94, is Josh's ride silver or metallic grey over black ??? If so, I saw it when I was up that way in May of this year. I was just off Boulder Highway. If that wasn't it, someone else in LV has got a sweeta$$ Pathy, too. :bow:

YEah, that's his. I believe he has a 4"Trailmaster suspension with a 3" body lift on 35's or 36's. That's what I'm shooting for, but with a 3" CALMINI lift and 3" body lift on 33" or squeeze 35's in. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

:furious:

Talk about a pain in the butt! I received my CALMINI lift kit and I'm 3/4 the way done with the install. I'm waiting for new spindles for the upper control arms! Yes, I said the spindle. I hate individuals that don't take care of their vehicles. It took me forever to get the darn uca's off and trying to get the darn spindles out of the original uca's to use for the new uca's.......after heating them up with a torch and beating the hell out of them, they are useless. I ordered new ones from the Nissan dealership. Yes, you read it right! I needed to order new ones, which were $50.00 a piece. I'm hoping to get them on Thursaday and finish the darn lift. Once done, I'll take pic's and post. Again, I hate it when people don't take care of their vehicles. The frame is going to get a complete coat of POR15. The rear passenger side frame is rusting! Two bolt size holes rusting through now. :sniff:

Keep Lifting higher & higher. :beer:

I don't know who makes these shocks though. Probably by Calmini.

Dude, I had to do the same thing. My Mechanic had to cut mine out because the bushings and washers were all screwed up. In the end, I had to order new ones too, along with new strut rods, washers, and a bunch of other things. The person I got the truck fron didn't take care of it either and now I am paying for it.