Differential Gearing?

So I have been looking into findong some information about the differentials and the gearing and have not been able to find much information.... Does anyone know the gearing these pathfinders come with; I have a 1999.5 LE I believe with 4.636 gears? Is there a locker or are we stuck with these limited slips? Any help would be appreciated. What about the tranfer case, is there any upgrades?

4.3XX(MT) and 4.6XX(AT)(Terrano's had a wider range). Some have LSD in rear, some don't. ARB makes air locker for front and rear. Other R200 front diffs (frontier and Xterra for example) parts won't interchange (such as new R&P) because we have reverse cut gears and ours are high pinion design versus low for the rest. Theres a sticky on how to tighten up your LSD with more plates. Anything else?

Jose

I highly recomend taking apart your LSD and re-stacking the plates & discs w/d21 style(.|.|.|) as it will nearly double your rear traction compared to the r50 arrangement(.||..|)

the parts you need are already in your stock LSD just in a differant order and if its still not enough traction for you, you can and a disc to each side or splurge on a locker.

Does anyone have any pictures of where is the link to that thread, I am not that familiar with the r50 diffs..... Tyler are your diffs locked, and they come already to install? What about some of those 4-links I saw you that you made; how much for a set of those? Could you send me a PM with some pricing? Do you have anymore pointers on re-stacking the discs? How long of a project is this?

honestly, I added 1 disc to each side and I thought it was too much on my 31's I could hear them grab up and chirp-chirp arround tight turns so I set it back to stock. Its more time consuming than anything, not hard at all. I will eventually do a compromise where I get 2 discs machined down bfore I add them.

I used this as my guide

http://home.comcast.net/~xterra/tech/LSD/