Updated: Stock 10 Disc CD Changer w/ Pics

slade420

Hey i got up the energy and pulled the 10 Disc changer out. (because there was interest in it, and i dont know anyone else with one) and hit kind of a snag.

So to explain, it was mounted in the back to a metal frame attached to the spare tire carrier. After removing the cd changer and the its mounting plate i had started to remove the wiring. It is 3 different connections and a little grounding wire. To connect to the disc selector in the front console it travels through the body with the wiring harness. I had to pull up most of the interior plastics, carpet and whatnot to try to remove it. As i got to the front passenger door i realized that it passes right past the front passengers door instead of down the middle as i had hoped. Then there it was, the hole that killed the pathy's ECU. When water came up and got to the wiring harness it melted had the cd changer wires as well. I could not figure out what those were for when it happened.

So does anyone know if those are replaceable or if someone wanted them and thought they could try and fix them, let me know. any other questions/comments welcome.

Oh ya, its a SONY 10 disc changer, i didnt know this before hand.

here's the changer part:

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

Edited by slade420