Replacing my pathy

jordanfstop

Hey all...

So my 94 XE's clutch went out on Saturday (as soon as I get into NJ too; it's true, that state is cursed) and it's not worth for me to fix it. It's frame is rusted badly, it needs a full brake job, CV joint, and now a new clutch. Now I'm looking for a new truck. I really want to stick with a Pathfinder, but still not sure what body style I'll want. A Terry will probably be too hard to find in decent condition. Do you think it's worth looking for a WD21 in my area (basically everything's rotted out) or go with an R50? I love both body styles, but would it cost more to lift the R50? I'm also really only looking for a 5-speed/4wd/and black body (PITA, I know.) Also can the WD21 wheels fit on the R50?

When you say lift do you mean suspion lift since thats all you can get for a CAr50.Awd21 you can lift 3 inchs for like a $100 using a body lift.If the wheels are 6 lugs on the CAr50 then ya the wheels will fit,I'm dont know the lug number though on them.A R50 will probly be in better shape since not many people wheel them(sorry pezzy)like the wd21's and there mostly driven by socker moms and stuff when they where new.I would look for a decent wd21 first but like you said there mostly rotten in your area,but it never hurts to try.They did come with a 3.3 v6 stock that a bit better then the old vg30e that you have(I think 168 hp vs. 153) and with a stick they would be peppy(I've driven a 3.3 frontier and I liked it,does pull better then the 3.0)Hope this helps some...

Do you think it's worth looking for a WD21 in my area (basically everything's rotted out) or go with an R50? I love both body styles, but would it cost more to lift the R50? I'm also really only looking for a 5-speed/4wd/and black body (PITA, I know.) Also can the WD21 wheels fit on the R50?

No, I doubt you will find anything good in your area, but it's worth a few minutes effort. Dowser (on his 3rd WD21 now) Only wanted a black manual and bought his in Florida then drove it back to Canada. I'd advise looking out of the rust belt...

R50's have their advantages, but hard core wheeling generally isn't one of them without a lot of work. Still, I wouldn't rule one out, we just picked up a 99 and even though it has 150% the miles as my WD21, it rides far nicer, runs smoother, more power, better gas mileage, etc.

As for the wheels, it depends on which wheels and what years so the answer is maybe...

B

There was an 87 two door in Clifton NJ on CL, over in the for sale section of npora, looks like now deleted though so maybe it sold (was asking 1650...). There's a rusty 95 in Park Slope, Brooklyn for 600 bucks. Runs, according to the CL post. I don't think it'll be that hard to find something, but CFC didn't help. My truck had no body rust when I bought it last fall (but it lived its life in TN). You live right up by Harriman SP? I drive up that way a lot (Palisades), done some hiking in the park, nice area. Any trails up there?

Edited by 87BeachCruiser

If you go with the 2001+ R50, you can get the 3.5L V6 as well that comes with 240 hp. To do the lift on the R50 is pretty pricey, in my opinion, and the biggest tire you can stuff without any major modification is probably 32-33", depending on the backspacing and slight trimming or removal of the fender.