91 Nissan Pathfinder Stalls when turning left

sportsman2171

obd1 is a pain... turn the ignition on and turn the mode dial on the ecu all the way clock wise, then wait a a few seconds and turn it all the way counter-clock wise. you should then see a red light start to flash, count the number of flashes and those will represent the first code Digit, then a green light will flash , count it and that will represent the second code digit. put the two numbers together to get a code. CODE 55 means everything is clear. if you get anything else you have an issue.

Personally OBD1 is such a pain that i would recommend pulling the positive battery term off to reset the ecu and see if the engine light comes back on before i check for codes.

obd1 is a pain in the butt and i have to read my chiltons every time i mess with it, so if it doesnt work the first time see if there a light flashing when you turn it all the way clock wise, if so let it flash 3 times before turning all the way counter-clock wise...sometimes even chiltons doesnt help simplfy a car...

Just remembered a similar problem I had. My '87 stalled a couple times when turning left, then totally died once after turning thru an intersection. Ends up the battery mount had broken and allowed the battery to shift enough to pull on the fusible link connection which temporarily cut power to half the electrical system. Once the battery slid back in place or laid flat again or whatever, the truck would fire right back up. Try wiggling the connectors on the positive battery terminal while idling and see if your engine shuts off. Don't lean on the fender or anything while you do it. You might get a shock if the wires are frayed.

This is what you need to read, not go to the auto parts store...

The write up on the procedure is in the Garage/How To section.

Personally OBD1 is such a pain that i would recommend pulling the positive battery term off to reset the ecu and see if the engine light comes back on before i check for codes

Actually, what you really want to do is the opposite. It isn't hard to check for codes and you want to read if any are stored as this may shed light on what the issue is.

Then you clear them, if any, and check for reoccurance...

*sigh*

B