The High Mileage Club

adamzan

I'm a tad over 221k. I plan to keep it for a long time. No reason to get rid of a vehicle that is paid for. I don't want payments, higher insurance, higher registration.

I have an 88 2-door, changed engine at 380,000 km (seals were leaking like crazy), tranny changed at 400,000 km, then drove from Southern Alberta to Nova Scotia, 5,000 km,ran great ($ 800 for gas). Still runs great. Paid $ 500 for it 4 years ago.2 years ago i spent 10 days(1800 km) camping and fishing in the Rocky Mountains of southern Alberta. Awesome truck.

Apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. My old 95 made it to about 440,000km before it was rear ended and repaired poorly by a shop, so I gave it to my friend for his farm...Original trans and engine, never had a leak.

The 94 I bought had a leaking rear main, I had it changed, then a year later reversed dropped out of it, so I swapped in an xterra trans. I'm currently sitting at 279,000km. It's been in a couple accidents and the frame isn't 100% straight but its not full of holes so I don't care. :lol:

Edited by adamzan