Please Help

AnhTuan

Yes, the first thing to check is if the cable spins as it should or not. I'm not sure of the easiest way to check it, but if you jack up the rear end so both tires are off the ground and remove the gauge cluster so you can see the end of the cable, then you can start the truck, put it in gear for a moment to see if the cable spins. Like I said, there may be an easier way, I understand that putting the gauge cluster back in is a pain due to the speedo cable... Lets see what others say.

B

Pretty easy to pull/install cluster B, the cable end is stationary, clipped into place like.

He is very correct. Remove cluster and drive around and see if the needle spins. What happens to our old pathfinders is over time the plastic pieces become brittle, cracking and braking. The plastic housing that holds the needle cracks so essentially the cable spins but not the needle. You can remove the pieces: plastic needle, plastic housing, and spring. clean the housing for the needle real well and superglue the cracks and let it cure, if it's beyond repairable, you will need to find a replacement cable. Also, be aware that the plastic backing behind the cluster where the needle sits in gets real brittle too and cracks. you can probable glue that together as well. I know I was able to.

Like driving in reverse, don't remember honestly if the needle burys itself a little more in reverse or not... only a coupe seconds to check both ways though to make sure if you got a drill connected. You figured out how to remove the cable, I'm sure you know how to push the button on your drill both ways

i had this problem last winter... Take the cluster out theres 5 screws that hold the black platic all around it. I think there is one on the bottom on each side then there 3 on the top. then once you get that piece off there are 4 screws in each corner of the cluster to remove. then carefully pull the cluster out and unclip all the clips as you go. the clock one is kind of a pain in the A** so u might want a needle nose pliers. then once ou have it all removed you will see behind where the speedo was there is a little cable looking thing. What I want you to do is go down a non busy street (yes u can start and drive the car with the cluster out) and watch the cable and see if the end is moving. if you can just touch it carefully and see if u can feel it moving. On my pathfinder that little end that spins(was white) had crack on the base and what i had to do was pull it off and get a replacement end off of a different cable. It takes like 2 seconds to pop the end off and push the new one on. That fixed my problem. that the easiest place to start.

if the cable is spining and doesnt stop when you touch it(it may push in a bit its spring loaded but it shouldnt stop spining) then i would look at seeing why the cluster isnt working properly. It seriously took me like 2 months to figure this out and thats what fixed mine. replacing the cable would be a major pain in the ass half the bolts are damn near impossible to get at in the engine bay its easy when the top half of the motor is off though.