Some Concerns Of My Pathfinder

W8EDMONTON

Hello everyone i am picking up a 03 Pathfinder with roughly 130k kms and there is a few things that bothers me.

1.sunroof only open 2 inches every time i press the switch, so it takes about 5 or 6 presses to get the sunroof fully opened.

2.from where i was looking for i couldn't seen to find the tool box.

3.i couldnt figure out how to open the rear glass hatch but sometime when i shut the whole hatch the glass part just pops open.

4.every time it loses traction the front end makes a tikling noise like the abs kicks in with no brakes applied, this never happened on my other cars before.

5.when past 80km/h steering wheel shakes quite a bit. on the work order it shows that a wheel alighment is already completed, they told me its because the ice on brake discs which i dont although the tires are little bold so i was think (cupped/seperated tires?)

i will definitly get it checked out by another shop, would kind of stuff should i tell the mecanic to pay attetion on?

I believe any help would help a newbie like me and thank you very much.

1. Sunroof - I would try lubing the tracks, and any other mechanisms you can get to.

2. There are a couple places stuff could hide, under the back cargo area floor, there is also a side compartment in the back passenger's side, or try under the back seats - where the jack lives.

3. Glass opens with the key, one way opens the main hatch, the other way will open the glass.

4. ...

5. As you suggested - could be your tires, I am sure a few others will chime in with other ideas.

Hello everyone i am picking up a 03 Pathfinder with roughly 130k kms and there is a few things that bothers me.

1.sunroof only open 2 inches every time i press the switch, so it takes about 5 or 6 presses to get the sunroof fully opened.

2.from where i was looking for i couldn't seen to find the tool box.

3.i couldnt figure out how to open the rear glass hatch but sometime when i shut the whole hatch the glass part just pops open.

4.every time it loses traction the front end makes a tikling noise like the abs kicks in with no brakes applied, this never happened on my other cars before.

5.when past 80km/h steering wheel shakes quite a bit. on the work order it shows that a wheel alighment is already completed, they told me its because the ice on brake discs which i dont although the tires are little bold so i was think (cupped/seperated tires?)

i will definitly get it checked out by another shop, would kind of stuff should i tell the mecanic to pay attetion on?

I believe any help would help a newbie like me and thank you very much.

Hello my far north brother...

1 sounds like theres a bad conection.

2 didnt know they had tool boxs.

3 Could just be sticking close and opens up after a little bit of time.Turning the key one way in the rear door opens the door and the other way opens the latch(at least on my 95 it did but I'm the guy I didnt know there was a key hole back there for the first 2 years of owner ship)

5 Sounds like a brocken belt,worn tie rods or your getting flat spots on the tires.

Ask the shop to check the blinker fluid while there at it...

Have the wheels rebalanced, just because they aligned it doesn't mean that they pulled the wheels and checked balalance. They could be off balance causing your shaking.

got the car yesterday, they did a wheel balancing and the shake is gone.