Removing Driveshafts

Toby

What's the easiest way to go about removing the front and rear driveshafts? I need to put a transfer case in my pathfinder. Found one that appears to be great in a 1994 HB from Cash 4 Clunkers.

So just looking for tips and some steps on how to get them out.

REAR driveshaft-

remove the 4 bolts on the rear, lift the saft over the pumkin and slide straight back. The slip yoke will come out of the t-case with a slow stream of fulid so have pan in place.

Front front driveshaft-

remove 4 bolts on each end of the shaft. wiggle and tilt the saft untill you can slide it out. If you don't think it will go (my exhaust is differant so it was ez 4 me) support the tranny and remove the tranny x-member and it should come right out.

Notes-

-Be prepared, your t-bars will need to come out in order to get the t-case down

-since the t-bars are out you might as well make sure the 4 bolts holding the front axle(x-member under the front diff) are facing in a way so that you won't have to pull the t-bars and LCA's in the future just to get the front axle off.

-if its a 5spd tranny the t-case MUST BE FULLY SEALED AND SEALANT CURED BEFORE FILLING. the t-case seals the back of the tranny and if this step is neglected you will evetually have a leak if not right away.

_I rebuilt a t-case and installed it last spring on my pathy so if you have questions feel free to ask.