Aftermarket Inner Tie-Rod And Tie-Rod End

fleurys

That's about it.... I'll soon have the front locker on and I worriy a bit about the inner tie-rod on my pathy... I've seen enough of them fail to the pressure of a locker and was wondering if anyone have seen or heard about a beefier one or has all the specs of the original one that I could use for a starting point to have a custom one machined...

S.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a HOOHAA CL? Your CL ends may also wear out quick if you don't.

You could do a 5/8 HEIM conversion For the TRE's(remember to use misalignment spacers) that could be pretty beefy depending on the heims you get.

Do you have a HOOHAA CL? Your CL ends may also wear out quick if you don't.

You could do a 5/8 HEIM conversion For the TRE's(remember to use misalignment spacers) that could be pretty beefy depending on the heims you get.

:blink:

what ? ! :wtf:

ok, a member named HooHaa started making modified centerlinks to Improve the pathfinder, hardbody, xterra and frontier steering systems. the stock CL featured a mini ball joint on each end that went into a pitman arm and idler arm and then a tapered hole on each end for the inner tie rod end.

HooHaa's desgn replaced the mini bj with a spherical bushing and a 5/8 thru-bolt to the idler and pitman arms to eliminate play and stering flex caused the the mini bj ends (esp worn out ones). I bought one form him and the differance in steering feel was night & day.

http://grassroots4x4.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

but now I realize this is an R50 thread so this will probably be of no use to you. sorry.

Edited by MY1PATH

Question. What does your Locker have to do with your tie-rod ends? This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm really curious to know what your driveline has to do with your steering failing?

Jose

Question. What does your Locker have to do with your tie-rod ends? This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm really curious to know what your driveline has to do with your steering failing?

Jose

when you get into multi camber obastacles differant parts of each tire may be in contact with the ground @ differant angles. when torqe is applied over an open diff the wheels can travel @ differant speeds (esp when the wheel is turned) or one wheel will just spin. but put a locker in its place and given the sape of the terrain the wheels can push and pull against eachother(side to side) thus putting strains on the component thats supposed to contol that motion (TRE's)

when you get into multi camber obastacles differant parts of each tire may be in contact with the ground @ differant angles. when torqe is applied over an open diff the wheels can travel @ differant speeds (esp when the wheel is turned) or one wheel will just spin. but put a locker in its place and given the sape of the terrain the wheels can push and pull against eachother(side to side) thus putting strains on the component thats supposed to contol that motion (TRE's)

I could not have said it better... Well the locker is in (pictures and story to come), but my diff drop brackets are not :-( I will explain later...need a bit of rest for now....

I could not have said it better... Well the locker is in (pictures and story to come), but my diff drop brackets are not :-( I will explain later...need a bit of rest for now....

Sweet! Please do let us know how install went. I'm definitely planning on air lockers both front and rear in the future. To that end, you've got me interested in upgraded tie-rod and tie-rod ends. :aok:

Oh ok. Makes sense. Thanks.

Jose