Cant Turn On 4Wd ?

MaRgE

well you now i have installed front differential or what it calls, so when i trying to turn on 4WD and i put my gear in 4H nothing happens, car drives but still in 2WD what to do ? i trued 4L too, low range works but still 2WD, does my car has hubs or something like that ?

it is a 1994 years old Nissan Terrano 1 (WD21) 2.4

Edited by MaRgE

yes i now about 1992 but it is 1994 years old, checked with win number, it is made for Europe,

and about hubs

how to check ? it has hubs ? i dont need to turn on hubs?

this is my car, look at wheels :D how to turn on hubs ? :D

WTF wheels are those :D

6cf0d3a879c2.jpg

maybe the habs are Turned of ? :D

yes i now about 1992 but it is 1994 years old, checked with win number, it is made for Europe,

However, last 3-door body and last Z24i engine was produced at 1992. So, you have a truck with replaced frame (VIN stamped at frame), and "frame donor" was 1994. Nothing bad, but some parts on 1987..92 and 93..95 are not interchangeable (for example, steering centerlink).

and about hubs

how to check ? it has hubs ? i dont need to turn on hubs?

this is my car, look at wheels :D how to turn on hubs ? :D

WTF wheels are those :D

maybe the habs are Turned of ? :D

Your wheel caps hides hubs... They are automatic in most cases, but maybe previous owner install manual hubs?

Look here first. Very good auto hub description with photos.

Edited by Terrano1992

ok i will check that topick :)

and than look at my hubs i will took of one of that wheels

if those automatic hubs are broken, then i will change it :)

i need 4WD :)

yes about previous owner and manual hubs,maybe i dont now, i have to took of what wheel and what well cap to see what is there :)

Edited by MaRgE

what is wheel stud ?

that hub ?

it means that hub is broken and i have to Replace that yes?

Tomorrow i Think i will go to do some Service and see what they say, after that i will buy new Hubs and replace them

Hope it costs not much money :D

The rusted stump at 4 o'clock is the broken wheel stud. It means you are only holding the wheel on with 5 lug nuts.

I suggest you disassemble the hub yourself as per the topic terrano1992 linked to see if anything is broken, clean and properly lube them, reinstall and see if they work.

The hubs may simply not work if they are rusted inside, packed with grease or have never been serviced. There is no evidence yet that anything is broken.

B