Ome Springs Installed Need Help On Tires (Picture)

coyotedustr

Great. Thanks, it was the rocky road site that had confused me... Will most likely be ordering thru, and install, alignment by NSOR here in Vancouver. They had highly reommended the ome package. Price seems in line w online resellers.

Mine was the 1/2 kit and it definitely gave more than a 1/2 inch lift. It is the medium duty kit and I got it from Steve over at http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/. Nice honest guy that will take care of you. I haven't measured my lift but I would guess it is in the 1 to 2 inch range.

nice lookin' Chevy :aok:

I forgot that I did take one pic of my '01 right after the tire install. OME HD front, Medium rear, 245/75/16 Hankook Dynapro RF10s. ignore the mismatched paint . . .

IMG_0166.jpg

the Pathy doesn't look lifted, but it looks "right" to me. I want my SUV to be an actual "utility" vehicle, not a station wagon. the 75 profile fills out the wheel wells a little more and gives the wheel the right proportions to match the body of the vehicle.

nice lookin' Chevy :aok:

I forgot that I did take one pic of my '01 right after the tire install. OME HD front, Medium rear, 245/75/16 Hankook Dynapro RF10s. ignore the mismatched paint . . .

IMG_0166.jpg

the Pathy doesn't look lifted, but it looks "right" to me. I want my SUV to be an actual "utility" vehicle, not a station wagon. the 75 profile fills out the wheel wells a little more and gives the wheel the right proportions to match the body of the vehicle.

Looks great! :aok:

I've also got the OME HD coils installed all-around and the total lift is definitely more than .5" (then again I'm also running 265/75R16 A/Ts)...

DSC07518.jpg

I'm also installing 1" leveling spacers next week (rather, when they arrive) so that should mild up the rake pretty well. :)

I'm also installing 1" leveling spacers next week (rather, when they arrive) so that should mild up the rake pretty well. :)

I considered both the OME 1.75" and the AC 2" lift 2 years ago and almost by flip of the coin went with AC. I think the OME looks great. I've been considering installing coils spacers up front to get rid of the rake in mine also. Would you mind posting once installed? What brand did you go with? NX4 or Mr Gasket? There is a serious price difference in the two... Thanks!

I considered both the OME 1.75" and the AC 2" lift 2 years ago and almost by flip of the coin went with AC. I think the OME looks great. I've been considering installing coils spacers up front to get rid of the rake in mine also. Would you mind posting once installed? What brand did you go with? NX4 or Mr Gasket? There is a serious price difference in the two... Thanks!

They are custom fabricated spacers made from 1" billet steel. :aok:

I will definitely post pics once installed. :happy:

Looks great! :aok:

I've also got the OME HD coils installed all-around and the total lift is definitely more than .5" (then again I'm also running 265/75R16 A/Ts)...

DSC07518.jpg

do you really have that much rake? did your front end settle significantly or did the steel bumper bring the front end down some? I'm pretty much dead even front and rear lift but I have less than 1k miles on my suspension.

from that angle it looks pretty darn good - they wouldn't work well for me but I like the look of 265/75 on an R50.

Edited by CaughtLikeFire

What size wheels are those?

This showed up in my email as a question to me...hope that's who you wanted to respond. My rims are ProComp Xtreme (steel) 16x8 w/3.75" backspace. My tires are 265/70's - one size smaller than I should have purchased...but I needed to clear my struts at that time. Newer rims have helped with that.

My rake is probably fine, but I like how rigs look when they are more level front to back. Probably just personal preference on looks...

1109090826a.jpg

do you really have that much rake? did your front end settle significantly or did the steel bumper bring the front end down some? I'm pretty much dead even front and rear lift but I have less than 1k miles on my suspension.

from that angle it looks pretty darn good - they wouldn't work well for me but I like the look of 265/75 on an R50.

Yeah, especially since installing the TJM bumper (~100 lbs.), the coils up front have settled a bit more. Even with the stock bumper, from the side view there was noticeable rake. The pic I posted is taken from the ideal angle to really minimize just how noticeable it is. I don't know if there's a difference between the OME or AC coils in terms of rake... :shrug:

I'm installing spacers primarily for that reason. Another reason is to give the tires a little more room in the fenders. :aok:

Yeah, especially since installing the TJM bumper (~100 lbs.), the coils up front have settled a bit more. Even with the stock bumper, from the side view there was noticeable rake. The pic I posted is taken from the ideal angle to really minimize just how noticeable it is. I don't know if there's a difference between the OME or AC coils in terms of rake... :shrug:

I'm installing spacers primarily for that reason. Another reason is to give the tires a little more room in the fenders. :aok:

How long have you had your TJM? For some reason I thought they weren't manufacturing/selling those anymore. Or have you had it a while.

And sorry about my replies - I'm not sure why emails come to me regarding some posts and not others...

How long have you had your TJM? For some reason I thought they weren't manufacturing/selling those anymore. Or have you had it a while.

And sorry about my replies - I'm not sure why emails come to me regarding some posts and not others...

Not sure about that... Depends on how your account is set up. :shrug:

I got uber lucky in obtaining my TJM. Dan (aka vengeful on here) put his up for sale and I happened to be the highest bidder. :jig:

This showed up in my email as a question to me...hope that's who you wanted to respond. My rims are ProComp Xtreme (steel) 16x8 w/3.75" backspace. My tires are 265/70's - one size smaller than I should have purchased...but I needed to clear my struts at that time. Newer rims have helped with that.

My rake is probably fine, but I like how rigs look when they are more level front to back. Probably just personal preference on looks...

1109090826a.jpg

Your truck looks good. Did you have trouble with the 265's on your stock rims? Or did you just decide to get new wheels?

Your truck looks good. Did you have trouble with the 265's on your stock rims? Or did you just decide to get new wheels?

My BFG 265/70's on my stock rims cleared the strut mount but had a very slight rub - my left front tire was catching part of my splash guard when turning right at full lock. The splash guard was mounted with a slight overlap into the wheel well. It just made a typical rubbing noise and it didn't happen except in parking lots and such. After 18 months of the slight rubbing noise I ended up ripping the splash guard off on a trail while making a hard right on a whoopdiedoo. That is when I decided to get the rims with less backspace. I decided to go w/3.75" to make sure I cleared the struts for when I get newer/larger tires. That's not until Fall 2010, but I'm already excited and reading up.

I actually miss my stock alloys - I like how my ride looked very stock, but a little taller. The Jeep guys at my work that I like to go trail riding with say it looks "meaner", but I definitely didn't do it for the looks.

Not that anyone asked, but I think I'm leaning for the Goodyear MTR Kevlars at 265/75 (about 31.9" tall). I may have to trim a little more fender/wheel well, but I'm OK with that. Besides, the people that I personally know that have them say they will never go back to BFG's after riding these.

My BFG 265/70's on my stock rims cleared the strut mount but had a very slight rub - my left front tire was catching part of my splash guard when turning right at full lock. The splash guard was mounted with a slight overlap into the wheel well. It just made a typical rubbing noise and it didn't happen except in parking lots and such. After 18 months of the slight rubbing noise I ended up ripping the splash guard off on a trail while making a hard right on a whoopdiedoo. That is when I decided to get the rims with less backspace. I decided to go w/3.75" to make sure I cleared the struts for when I get newer/larger tires. That's not until Fall 2010, but I'm already excited and reading up.

I actually miss my stock alloys - I like how my ride looked very stock, but a little taller. The Jeep guys at my work that I like to go trail riding with say it looks "meaner", but I definitely didn't do it for the looks.

Not that anyone asked, but I think I'm leaning for the Goodyear MTR Kevlars at 265/75 (about 31.9" tall). I may have to trim a little more fender/wheel well, but I'm OK with that. Besides, the people that I personally know that have them say they will never go back to BFG's after riding these.

I think with the way your suspension is set up (i.e., lift coils and front leveling spacers), 265/75 tires should be fine. I have yet to install spacers and even when I was running the stock front bumper with 265/75 Toyo A/Ts, I only experienced rubbing in the front at full lock. In your case, I doubt you'll have any problems. :aok:

The real challenge for us unibody R50 owners is getting to fit anything greater than a ~32" tire on just coils and spacers. :lol:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

I think with the way your suspension is set up (i.e., lift coils and front leveling spacers), 265/75 tires should be fine. I have yet to install spacers and even when I was running the stock front bumper with 265/75 Toyo A/Ts, I only experienced rubbing in the front at full lock. In your case, I doubt you'll have any problems. :aok:

The real challenge for us unibody R50 owners is getting to fit anything greater than a ~32" tire on just coils and spacers. :lol:

Thanks and totally agree - I think 33's make the R50 look unbelievable cool and tire size can be a determining factor on certain trails here in Colorado. I think 31.9" will be a world of difference than my current 30.7".

Thanks for the in put, I am thinking that unless I go with some other rims then I will cool it at either the 245/75's or the 255'70's.

Thanks and totally agree - I think 33's make the R50 look unbelievable cool and tire size can be a determining factor on certain trails here in Colorado. I think 31.9" will be a world of difference than my current 30.7".

Oh definitely. The only dilemma in going with larger tires than ~32" usually means having to look into a subframe drop. Luckily, with that in mind, it makes it possible to go up to 35" tires and still adequate fender clearance. :aok: