Looking For Stock Springs

coyotedustr

I am new here and have read a ton on lifting my 01 pathfinder and have decided against it. I don't want to mess with the increased CV wear or topping out issues. The problem is I have a cracked front spring and I cannot find stock replacement springs anywhere but Nissan. Do you guys have any ideas? Nissan wants 200 per spring, I think that is a bit steep for a pair of stock springs. Thanks for the help, and if there is a thread that talks about this I must have missed it.

Thanks for the help and advice and the great website

I am new here and have read a ton on lifting my 01 pathfinder and have decided against it. I don't want to mess with the increased CV wear or topping out issues. The problem is I have a cracked front spring and I cannot find stock replacement springs anywhere but Nissan. Do you guys have any ideas? Nissan wants 200 per spring, I think that is a bit steep for a pair of stock springs. Thanks for the help, and if there is a thread that talks about this I must have missed it.

Thanks for the help and advice and the great website

there's an NPORA member that works at a Nissan parts dept in TX. He'll beat your dealer's price no question. check this thread for phone contact info: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18653

alternately, the OME springs do not provide a huge lift, do not put your CVs at really steep angles, and are not expensive. a complete set of OME springs, OME shocks, and KYB struts set me back less than $700 including shipping.

if you're replacing the front springs, make sure you also replace the strut bearings and mounts (anything rubber or metal with rubber vulcanized to it). No point going through all the work to take the strut apart only to have it break down. If your struts have a lot of miles on them, replace them with KYB GR2 struts - you can get them for ~$150 per pair.

Edited by CaughtLikeFire

Hey thanks, for the help, where did you get your OME stuff from?

I bought the OME parts from 4x4parts.com. it'll take a few weeks since they place an order with ARB USA (the OME distributor) and have the parts drop shipped. you can order the KYB struts from 4x4parts too, but you can find them a little bit cheaper at other online stores or on Ebay.