Por-15 Inside The Rails?

LostNcrRanger

That sounds like an idea. Friend Dave has sawzalled-off the end of the frame from a mid-90's Hardbody that he found in a junkyard. I've looked at a couple of junked Pathys, but they all either look like mine, or show signs of becoming so. I measured the cross-sectional dimenions as 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" (the surface has the texture of a burnt log, so hard to be exact). Doesn't quite look or sound like the rear body mounts on the Hardbody are the same, or in the same location, but he's a pretty good welder/ says we'll either cut off and reweld the mounting lug we've got (which is comparatively whole) or just fabricate a new one where it needs to be.

Anyhow, the work should commence sometime this week and, as I remove the bumper, gas tank, and other extraneous parts in order to give him unimpaired access to the places he needs to be, I will be doing a thorough probe of the frame, and find out what can be inserted where. Guess It would be a good idea to wait till the welding's done to start spraying things with oil. I'll try to photograph everything as we go, although people snapping pix while he's working puts old Dave in a nasty mood, so don't need to tick him off and have him walk as my welding skills quite frankly suck.

Thanks everybody for the advice here.

Bill

Doesn't quite look or sound like the rear body mounts on the Hardbody are the same, or in the same location

I believe they are similar, but different mounting points for the bed and the fact that the hardbody is leaf spring, not coil. Still, it sounds like old Dave can handle whatver needs to be done... ;)

B