Question On Pistons

Nytrosfinder

Talking to a friend of mine earlier about engines and such.

If I remember correctly, the pathfinder and the 300zx share the same motor.

Would aftermarket forged pistons from a 300zx work in the pathfinder if the block assemblies are the same?

Just a thought... Tell me if I am wrong...

ITM import block kits...

I see one for a vg30e for my truck for $353.06,includes...

pistons,rings,rod bearings(no rod or crank though in this kit) main bearings,thrust washers(if required) oil pump,and a full gasket set.

I didnt see one for the vg30i but I'm sure they have one since they have ones for both the z24,and z24e truck 4 banger as well.Theres another company that has rebuild kits with over size pistons but I dont know there name,but there sold out of Northern auto parts(a catalog)

What one? I believe they both do...

But if your rebuilding the engine ya self Look at www.RPMRONS.com...he has a lot of tech stuff on building engines for beginniners and stuff.

I know that nap has one,Its www.northernautoparts.com,ITM I dont know the site,but ya can google it...

Also RPMRON has kit for nissan,but there like $1100 buck,but from what I under stand is there custom made for each person soif thats your thing then ya its probly worth it to you since it;ll be made how you want it(note.when I say custom I mean,cam grinds and stroker kits and blue printing)

Edited by nismothunder

didn't there used to be 10:1 or 10.5:1 pistons available for N/A 300zx those might add some power with the use higer octane as well.

Most the 300zx stuff is lower because ppl like to boost.