Howdy

Guest My1stImport

Guest My1stImport

Hello everyone!

Glad to see there's a forum for my newest truck. I guess I'll tell you how I got it and what I plan on doing with it.

I had a renter move out and he said to keep it. The guy told me that the tranny and engine were about to go out(he thought) and he couldn't get it started. It has a 20 inch hole in the windsheild where a brick found it's way through it and a few dents here and there. Overall the truck isn't in bad shape, the seats are weathered because it sat with a hole in the windsheild and it got soaking wet in there several times, and there's a layer of dirt on everything, but all the power stuff works, all the dash works, not a problem anywhere.

So I popped the hood on it, found one cut wire, reconnected it, got in it and fired her up! It's got a ticking noise that I think is the exhaust manifolds, it gets quieter when it warms up. And when I'm turning out of a hill, the suspension creeks and bangs, but I think thats just some loose bolts up front.

All I want to do is give it a 3 or 4 inch lift, some wider tires and a winch. It will be my toy for around the house.

How wide of tire can I put on this thing? Where can I find some cheap headers? Is there a heavy duty bumper to bolt on that can accomodate a winch? Has anybody ever installed a plexi-glass windsheild and rivited it on?

Thanks,

Sam :takebow:

Guest My1stImport

It's a 1995

Yes, it definately needs a bath, inside and out. But it will never a be a regular commuter so I'm thinking of taking all the carpet out along with other things that may weather rot.

You can get a new windshield put in for $215--glass and labor. Plexiglass tends to yellow over time in the sun, but haven't checked out the updates on plexiglass lately.

The ticking is a common thing on these models of Nissans due to weak manifold studs that break and causing the manifolds to leak and warp. Nothing really and you'll get use to it. Fixing the problem can be remedied by replacing the POS manifolds with headers. You got two choices for headers--Pacesetters and Doug Thorleys. The Pacesetters are known for bad fitment and quality. Though some have had no problems with them. They are the cheaper of the two headers. Doug Thorleys are the one you really want to get. They are made with quality in mind and will last longer than the Pacesetters if you plan to keep the vehicle for life hehe. They cost more though. The Doug Thorley headers are currently on back order. Call AC (4x4parts.com) and Mike will put you on the waiting list.

The engine is very reliable and lasts forever if you keep it up the maintenance. Check to see if the timing belt is due. A bad timing belt will cause you to bend your valves if it breaks.

33s are what the majority of us run, but there are a couple of people that 35s.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up.

If you live in Texas, check us out over at www.texasnissantrucks.com. We'll help you install your lift and what not. We're always looking for new people to wheel with.

Guest My1stImport

I believe it's Lexan Plexi that won't yellow or get brittle. I was able to find a place to replace my windsheild for 163.98 installed w/new trim. What a deal! Lexan would cost too much for my intended uses anyway.

Thanks for all the greetings. I hope I'll be able to turn to you guys for a little insight. I know nothing of these trucks. I've been digging around here and the WD21 forums quite a bit.

My trucks got 130k on it, so from what I hear I need to change the timing belt, maybe some cam seals all my hoses and thermostat(maybe waterpump?). I'm going to go with a 3+3 lift, some cheap steel rims and cheap mud tires from high-tec-retreading.com Also a steering stabalizer kit, new shocks and lots of lights. Strip off that molding on the fenders, rip out the carpet and relocate my battery.

This is getting long winded. Thanks again for the warm welcome, I'll be see'n yall.