Quick question on front suspension

Umm...why do you want poly bushings for your sway bar? Are you going racing? I hear of people wanting to get rid of their sway bar, get quick disconnect end links, but never about tightening up their sway bar! Or you just want something that will last?

Just get under your R50 and measure it.

Jose

Umm...why do you want poly bushings for your sway bar? Are you going racing? I hear of people wanting to get rid of their sway bar, get quick disconnect end links, but never about tightening up their sway bar!

on-road handling is more important to me than axle articulation. I'm setting my Pathfinder up more like a work truck than a Jeep (probably the opposite of what most members here want to do). Stiff suspension with stock axle articulation is great for a vehicle that goes from dirt roads/hunting + gameland trails to carrying hundreds of pounds of gear down the highway @ 75 mph. If I was going to be crawling over rocks and plowing through mud pits I'd take a different approach.

as far as measurements go, I don't have easy access to digital calipers. I'm sure someone has a Nissan service manual with the sway bar specs.

You're referring to the front sway bar, right? :scratchhead:

yep. factory front on my 2001 SE. I'll ask around - one of the neighbors might have a decent set of calipers so I can get an accurate measurement. I don't trust measuring tape to be accurate down to ~0.5mm and I'm not sure how I feel about the wrench method although I could give it a shot.

update - for future reference, the front sway bar is 27mm. The Pathfinder uses the same bushings as a 1995-1998 240SX. I looked up replacement bushings for the 240SX and the factory diameter is 27mm. I also found a post by MicheganAve on 4x4parts.com that suggested the front sway is 27mm.

I'll update when I check fitment of the Energy Suspension universal 27mm sway bar bushings (hopefully a few weeks)

Edited by CaughtLikeFire

Good stuff. Poly bushings are always a good choice. I make sure to lube mine with silcone spray before install. :aok:

Also, replacement links are a good idea. I installed greaseable Moog links and they rock! :D

The ES bushings have zerk fittings so I'm OK there. I ordered a set of Moog joints last week but I'm actually going to be returning them. the welds look sloppy and the boots don't seal as well as the factory units. how long have you had yours? maybe they're more durable than they look. The grease fitting is a cool feature at the least.