I am new from Buffalo, NY

BuffPath

Hello! I just moved from Salt Lake City, UT to Buffalo, NY and bought 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE. It's stock for now, but I am hoping to get it ready for some light off-roading. It's been well taken care of and I am the third owner. I am very excited that I found this forum and the info you have here.

Here are some pics:

P8290797.jpg

P8290798.jpg

P8290799.jpg

P8290800.jpg

Welcome BP!! Congrats on the 'new' pathy!! Can I interest you in a set of tires??? :D

B

What set you got? I might be interested. It sucks that the truck already came with brand new tires. I kinda like the look of Soft 8's with 31's. Where is the best place to get them? Also, I saw some of you guys running those cool bumpers. Where can one find one of those?

By the way, just completed my first mod... removed ugly mud flaps!

Edited by BuffPath

Well, I have a set of 235/75/15 Michelin all season M&S on a set of chromies (stock for 87-95xe trim) that I'm sure you don't want... :D

Truck021.jpg

Besides, it is too far to ship reasonably. I was more commenting that those tires do not do your truck justice, and need upgrading. Sorry I wasn't clear, that happens some times... :shrug:

Yes, Cragar Soft * rims with BFG MT KM2 31" tires look and work good!! :D

Pathytires002.jpg

The rims (15x8") are on sale from Summit Racing right now (no shipping), I got 5 delivered for $212!! The good news that you have a set of new 'stock' tires is that you can buy another set of agressive ones and swap back and forth, saving tread on the offroad tires!! ;)

B

Yes, Cragar Soft * rims with BFG MT KM2 31" tires look and work good!! :D

The rims (15x8") are on sale from Summit Racing right now (no shipping), I got 5 delivered for $212!! The good news that you have a set of new 'stock' tires is that you can buy another set of agressive ones and swap back and forth, saving tread on the offroad tires!! ;)

B

Yeah, I figured... I really hate the look of my stock wheel. Can you give the exact link to this deal? Which 15X8 will fit mine? BTW, you have a very nice truck!

Here is a link to the Summit Racing wheel section and www.discounttire.com is where I found the best deal for me but they don't have any stores near you. Let me fish up some other info...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Departm...ls/?Ns=Rank|Asc

These are exactly what I got, but they won't fit on your model (later year than mine). I believe you need 16" rims to clear the calipers and I don't know what the backspacing requirements are or even the bolt circle. Search in the R50 section, that's where that info will be...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975860/

Thank you, my truck is coming together nicely. Very soon I will have a suspension lift and a ginormous winch bumper mounted... :D

B

Here is some info on where you might find tire deals...

Edited by Precise1
addition