E-AT switch keeps coming on.

Balmer

Just a quick update.

I took the TCU out of my junk pathfinder and pulled the eprom out and disassembled the code. There is a specific routine that monitors the Throttle Position Switch, and once it reaches a certain amount, it activates the Power Mode routine. On the 90-93 WD21's (there are 2 additional wires on the 94-95 for the dimmer illumination) there are 4 wires going from the TCU to the switch. Two are for the light, and two are for the intentional power mode side of the switch. When the switch is in the Auto position it is essentially open, therefore there is no way to "easily" modify these trucks to have the Hold function of the JDM model.

Could someone with an auto Terrano chime in on how many wires are on that switch? My suspiscion is that there is at least one extra wire in the switch to specifically activate a Hold Mode routine in the TCU.

Thanks for all your research Indigent! This is the kind of info I was hoping for!!!

I had an idea the today, but still need to poke through the TCU code to verify. I think the "kickdown switch" listed in the prints is what activates the Power mode. If that is the only thing it does then it may be possible to interrupt that signal to the TCU, so it would never know that the pedal has been depressed so hard. I am hoping that the "kickdown switch" signal isn't used for some other routines in the code, that way a simple on off switch could be added in series with the kickdown switch to stop that signal from getting to the TCU. I will let you know what I find.

I had an idea the today, but still need to poke through the TCU code to verify. I think the "kickdown switch" listed in the prints is what activates the Power mode. If that is the only thing it does then it may be possible to interrupt that signal to the TCU, so it would never know that the pedal has been depressed so hard. I am hoping that the "kickdown switch" signal isn't used for some other routines in the code, that way a simple on off switch could be added in series with the kickdown switch to stop that signal from getting to the TCU. I will let you know what I find.

You rock! My 'Finder is off the road for SAS as of the other day when I destroyed my steering AGAIN!!! Point being, I've got lots of time to make the fix (my SAS wont be done till early spring). Thanks again man!