need help! Wiring melted going to OBD

slade420

I have a 93 pathy, and a hidden hole in the floor under the wiring harness going by the passengers feet. I think it is probably to the On-board diagnostic. Anyway water got in there and it started smoking on day. There were about 4 or 5 wires that had melted through. I repaired the wires, but now the pathy wont start. It will turn over but it will not start. Im gonna try and retreive the codes tomorrow, if anyone has any idea, please let me know.

When the wires shorted out it might have damaged the ECU. How did you repair the wires?

hey, sorry i was away for a couple days. I fixed the wires with a combination of copper wire, saulder, crimp connectors and electrical tape. They were white with red stripe, green with red. those were the worst ones. I pulled the codes but only got code 55. No trouble code. I think it drained the battery too. I can get the codes to flash but wont turn the engine over. Turns over with jumper cables attached but wont start. Sounds like the pump is working, but not the spark.

You are probably right about the ECU being damaged. would reseting it help? Also when i turn the key, not retriving codes, both red and green lights come on.