Anyone try the Firestone Destination A/T's?

EmptyV

So the new wheels are currently being bored out and will be ready next week so the hunt is on for tires. I really dig the BFG A/T's and had a set on my old exploder that went 70,000 miles without rotation. But there's lots of others on the market.

Tirerack has the Firestone Destination A/T's rated as their #1 off-road tire. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? Since she's only 2WD the majority of my off-roading will be high speed desert stuff. They are significantly cheaper then the BFG's but don't look nearly as aggressive. Any help is appreciated.

Billy

i have the destination LE's (not AT) on my chevy truck and they just alrite. BFG's look better than the firestone AT in my opinion. But never tried the firestone MT's so cant compare

i have the destination LE's (not AT) on my chevy truck and they just alrite. BFG's look better than the firestone AT in my opinion. But never tried the firestone MT's so cant compare

I'll probably end up with the BFG's but they're so damn expensive!

Billy

bfg mt's are being blown out in certain stores, really cheap. (they are replacing with KM2) I got my last set of 32" BFG M/T's for $450 !!! normally should be closer to $800

but then i tried to get them in 16" and they didnt have any so i had to settle for the $170 a piece BFG A/T :(

Edited by FUELER

bfg mt's are being blown out in certain stores, really cheap. (they are replacing with KM2) I got my last set of 32" BFG M/T's for $450 !!! normally should be closer to $800

but then i tried to get them in 16" and they didnt have any so i had to settle for the $170 a piece BFG A/T :(

I'm definitely gonna go for A/T's I think the M/T's would wear out too quickly, unless I could get a set for 17's for that $450 tag. It would be worth it to buy 2 sets of them. Got any links?

Billy

the place i bought them from does not have a website or even a computer. G H E T T O

ill check to see if they still got any left.

That would be appreciated. It would great if I could pick them up on my way to Baja some time.

Billy

So the new wheels are currently being bored out and will be ready next week so the hunt is on for tires. I really dig the BFG A/T's and had a set on my old exploder that went 70,000 miles without rotation. But there's lots of others on the market.

Tirerack has the Firestone Destination A/T's rated as their #1 off-road tire. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? Since she's only 2WD the majority of my off-roading will be high speed desert stuff. They are significantly cheaper then the BFG's but don't look nearly as aggressive. Any help is appreciated.

Billy

I have had Destination A/T's in 245/70-17 since March. I am very happy with them. They have seen lots of on-road miles and plenty of off-road miles in the SoCal deserts and mountains. Aired down to 20psi, they are great on washboard or rough trails. Great traction on pavement. Haven't had rain here in forever so I don't know how they will do in mud. I would definitely buy these tires again at this point in their short lives.

They definitely don't look as aggressive as BFG's, but I really don't care as long as they work. I agree with the TireRack ratings for this tire.

I had a set of 235/75r15 Destination A/T on before I lifted mine. A great road tire, good in the rain, and better in the mud than the BFG A/T. The only down side is the wear isn't as good as the BFG A/T. I have the BFG A/T on my Superduty. They have 50k+ miles on them, they are quiet, great on road, in wet, and snow. But the BFG A/T SUCKS in the mud. All they do is clog up. If you plan on doing a lot of muddy off road driving, I would go with the DestinationA/T. If you are going to do more sand or dry surface wheeling and want a longer tread life, I would go with the BFG A/T. Both are comparable all terrain tires, but BFG has a longer life span.