newbie looking 4 advice

marc_andrew

hi all, 1st post to the forum... just got an '01 PF and would like to do some mods to make it 6-7 trail worthy here in Colorado. where is the best place to get a modest (2"-3") lift for my PF so I can comfortably fit 32" tires, and who makes a decent looking brush guard that costs less than 300 bucks? i saw this (http://198.63.2.33/index.php?ITEMID=ZGSN-802) but i can hardly believe it. i think the nicest is the Waag (http://waag.com/showroom/31.php), but man it is expensive.

i gave up already on a front winch mount for my Warn M8000. well, here is another question... anyone make a front hitch mount for the 01 PF? I have my winch on a sled right now that fits into a class III receiver.

thanks for the help! :D

If you want a coil lift, 4x4parts.com makes a 2" spring lift that quite a few people have. L&P Performance has 3" and 6" lifts out, but no one that I know of has ordered one yet, and no pictures are available of what the final lift looks like. As far as grille guards, the ones under $300 are few and far between. I have never heard of the brand that makes that $200 one, but it looks decent. I personally have a manik ($390). If you really want to make your rig trail worthy, I would suggest getting a winch mount bumper (instead of the grille guard), they serve as great front end protection, and you can (obviously) also mount a winch in one. No one makes a front mount receiver for our pathfinders, possibly because of the unibody construction. Some people are trying to prototype one though, last I heard. By the way, welcome to the forum, its good to see another colorado pathy around here B)

• 4 weeks later...

PM squam1 and kmgar99. Those two have installed AC's springs and can give good feedback. From what I know, the only modification you may have to make with the springs is to adjust the camber with a kit. You will also want to install manual hubs, due to the more extreme CV angles the longer coils create. Your struts will top out more often, but no major issues ;)

Yeah, you definitely need the camber bolts and the manual hubs. The manual hubs also help increase your gas mileage when they are unlocked, up to +2mpg!

My only regret about the AC lift is not doing it sooner....you'll be happy with it.

Don't bother with a brush guard, if you hit anything, it will do more damage than good. Go for the TJM bull bar. :aok:

Ok wasn't going to get a lift but I think when I install my ARB sahara bar my front end is going to drop, I don't know how much? But any amount really sucks so I am going to need a lift just a minor one (2").

So where else other then AC's can I get one for the R50 pathy as I have seen some damage that I prefer not to happen?

I know L&P but at $650 that doesn't include springs just spacers that's alot of $$$. Wouldn't mind paying it but 650 no springs :blink:

So checked out calmini and I couldn't find any for the R50 so my offroadin Bros let me know what you think or if you know of any large manufacturer that is going to start producing some quality lifts for the money I would be very interested!!!

:beer:

The only choices are Old Man Emu and ACs 2 inch lift. I prefer the OME since I didn't want a lift (it's illegal in Maine to lift an ABS vehicle) and I must say the OME ride is really sweet. It supports the TJM and all the other body armor just fine. The lift is maybe an inch - not enuf to raise any eyebrows from the state police or at the inspection station.

m.

PS - still haven't put on the SuperSkid - started today but found a broken bolt in the original skidplate, so I need to extract that. I'm traveling this week so it'll be postponed for a while.

Where can I get the Old Man Emu lift this would be great!!

Pass a link on thanks :clap:

Hey Herm an easy way that I saw to get broken bolts out without the use of an easyout is after you hit the sheared off side with wd40 take a chisel & tap it counter-clockwise out. This method works alot easier and faster then using an easyout.

Thanks

:beer: