Est. Cost to replace shocks

Guest fender

if your gonna spend the money why not get something way better?

For sure. ;) I had shocks replaced at Les Schwab a few years ago on another ride and they charged $7 each for install. You could probably find stock shocks for around $25 each, so $125-150 would be in reach. The install really is super super easy and quick to do yourself though.

I'd say it depends on the driving you do. I'm not too knowledgeable about shocks, so I won't say anything. I did try to replace the ones on my car a couple years back. EASY to do...unless one of the welds breaks when trying to remove the shock...I swear it didn't happen to me. Actually, I just took it to the shop after that and had them re-weld and do that shock for me. It cost like $30 or something. Rust is evil when you're trying to remove things!

not sure on price but calmini are the ducks nuts apparently

lots of people run rancho's

thirdly have you checked local 4wd/suspenion places for good quality local stuf

i have local stuff on my rig and love it. i think my four shockies were around $200-250 mark

;)

if you run over to sears you can get the rancho 5000s for 39 if you get there the right time during sales, but they some times go back up to the regular 49 with some sort of rebate for instilation i think, like 5 bucks or something. installiation is 13 per sock, so between 200-250. hehe i get an employee discount, a whoping %10 ;)