wheel width

michael

15x8 with a 3.75" to 4" backspace fits the IFS system very well and you can run a 33x12.50 tire on it just fine so long as you have apropriate BL & SL

B is right about 10 being ideal and plenty of pply run 8's & even 7's. I am primarily in the belief the 10's greatly accelerate wear on IFS components; bearings, BJ's, TRE's... I looked @ it like this when I decided not to buy 15x10's

a 8" w/ 4" backspace has 4" of leverage out from the hub and pinch the tire a little

a 10"w/4" backspace has 6" of leverage out from the hub and wear out parts faster

I gues its like pick your poison.

Very good points, I completely agree. The wider the rim with the same back spacing, the more torque it has on the hardware.

That's why I plan to run 31x10.5" on 8" rims and if i ever went with 33" tires, they would have to be 10.5" wide... ;)

B

thanks for the info. i am still having trouble desiding though. i have been looking at some 15x10s for some time now but they look like they have about a 4" lip on them and i am just worrying about whether that would look awkward or not. if it would then i will definately go with the 15x8s.

goodrich and maybe a few others make 33x11's & 32x11's and maybe even 32x10.5 tha'd be less pinching on 15x8. I also forgot to mention pinching a tire makes it harder to balance cause the rubber sticks out more from the wheel.

If you sas it you can run 15x10's no problem and it opens allot more options for ya. But yeh, like B I'm sticking with my 15x8 & 31x10.50 combo.