Aftermarket 16" Rims?

GreyAliens

i never thought much about that since my wrangler was running aluminum forged rims which were light and strong.... but what rims look good on a wd21 Pathy? any pics? 16 inch is a common size now and you get better stability since the sidewall will be smaller... i don't want big 26 inch rims and i don't know if I want steelies (had steelies on the wrangler with another set of tires) but maybe some nice not so shiny aluminum rims? maybe a little wider for a better stance? more stability?

i never thought much about that since my wrangler was running aluminum forged rims which were light and strong.... but what rims look good on a wd21 Pathy? any pics? 16 inch is a common size now and you get better stability since the sidewall will be smaller... i don't want big 26 inch rims and i don't know if I want steelies (had steelies on the wrangler with another set of tires) but maybe some nice not so shiny aluminum rims? maybe a little wider for a better stance? more stability?

Good luck. I have searched for a decent looking 16" rim to replace the factory ones, and have had no luck. I an pretty particular though. The new rims must not stick out past my fender flares, or rub during turns (no lift kits), and still have a hole in the center large enough for the hubs on a nissan. They are hard to find in a style that is comtemporary, and looks good. JMHO

I also am not sure I could run 265/75/16 tires without a lift kit.

the factory lego wheels are magnesium and pretty light weight. They come from the same factory as Volk Racing wheels (nissan exclusively uses Rays Engineering to make their factory wheels) If you want to get something light to replace them with, choose some cast or forged aluminum wheels. The forged wheels are much stronger and lighter, but they are considerably more $ than the cast wheels. If you know you won't run a tire bigger than 11.5" wide, you can get away with using a 7" wide wheel. If you get something in the 12.5 width range, you should be using an 8" wide wheel. 4" of backspacing on an 8" wheel (neutral backspacing) should suit you fine. If you get a 7" wide wheel, look for something close to 3.5" of backspacing.

I've never weighed them, but I am running the 16" alloys from the 99/Y2K pathfinder.

Also I switch back to steelies/studded 15" for the North Idaho winters.

The 16" look good, have good tire choices and like mentioned the stability with the smaller sidewall in noticable off-road.