Non-Pathy help needed

Mr. Pickles

I need to get through working on this P.O.S. so I can get back to the Pathfinder. I spent the afternoon replacing the radiator on our Camry which decided to die. In and out in about an hour and a half hour, then about the same amount of time running back to Napa and dealing with these 2 fittings. The radiator has a built in tranny cooler in the bottom with brass fittings that screw in to connect the lines to the tranny. The ones that came with the radiator where too long, so I got shorter replacements. But on the old and new ones, I can't get a good seal and it leaks fluid. The question is, do I need to be using teflon tape or something on these? Any other ideas to solve this? Its all together and leak free other than this issue. There are no directions to speak of for the radiator.

I figured teflon, just wanted to run it by people in case tranny fluid would disolve it or something crazy. I ended up getting bronze 90 degree fittings that were the perfect size and thread. I wanted to pull the originals, but they were brass threads with copper tubing, and the tubing just bent bad. Good enough, I'm about to burn the car anyways. Once this is fixed, we're trading the car in. Really, its been a great reliable car and will be a great buy for a guy with a wrench. Its been well maintained. 160K miles on an 89 Toyota is just getting broken in. But we're trying to get out of the 20's college mode of dealing with old crap and want something newer that will be around for a while.