Radiator Drop Kit

OldSlowReliable

So after all this time, it just dawned on me that maybe the big bent thing of sheet metal in the rad kit may NOT be the main drop....so I started taking a look @ the two peices of metal with studs goin through one end, and two holes drilled @ every inch, making the diff between stud and final hole 3"....and it turns out the stud is the same size as the two bolts on the radiator...

My only question is, how many bolts secure the radiator? I see the two right by the grille, and only have two drop brackets and this big thing of sheetmetal....

Diagram would be helpful too if anyone's got one

Oh yeah, and while im here, where the HECK are the vacuum lines attatched to the passenger frame front, and the smog lines on the driver side fenderwell?

Edited by OldSlowReliable

The drop bracket requires you to cut off the stock bottom bracket and attach the bottom drop piece in place (IIRC there are 2 pre-drilled holes you can put self tapping screws through into the radiator support). Then the 2 "pegs" on the bottom of the radiator sit in that and the stud part goes through the 2 upper mounts and then just put the stock screws back in at the top. So, yes only 2 bolts hold the radiator. I'll see if I have any pics from the one I installed in a friend's Hardbody. Don't think I snapped any of that though...

Just checked, no pics of the drop going in.

If you have a saws-all or grinder, just cut the stock lower mount off as flush as possible to the radiator support.

Not so sure I want to cut anything really... I'm seriously considering just removing the shroud, and editing hoses vs all that nonsense.....

They REALLY need to put that on their site...

i hope this diagram would do ya sum help on ur rad...rads.png

cheers...

Thankya! with everything covered in mud it makes it rather.....interesting.....

Yeah, after comparing the work between the two different paths, i'll be replacing the hoses, not dropping it.....anyone want to buy a drop kit? lawl