alignment shims

beastpath

When I was under my Beast today workin on stuff and chasing gremlins I noticed the passenger side UCA has about 6 shims on the front bolt and only one on the back.

Is it fairly common to have differing amounts of shims on each bolt? I thought you should have equal amounts. The tie rods, not the shims, adjust the toe in of the wheels right?

Yes, that's normal My driver's side front bolt hat 3 shims, the back 1. The passenger side front had 2 and the rear had 2. I guess it all depends on the minute little adjustments the suspension takes up after years of driving.

There's a lot of different ways to align a vehicle. A lot of vehicles you cant adjust the Caster at all just the Camber and Toe. And the reason that they have different shims on either side of your Pathfinder could very well be just to compensate for Road Crown. Road crown is the term used for the slight slope all roads have to effectively shed water off the road to the side. if your vehicle was in absolute PERFECT alignment without compensating for road crown your vehicle would always pull to the right.