Meter Fuse keeps blowing

Yendor

I'm still getting to know my Pathfinder after only a week and a half of ownership.

I went to the dealer and had the tranny and coolant flushed, along with an oil change. After I got home, I could smell oil burning. I checked under the hood and it looks like the service person spilled oil everywhere when changing the oil filter. I also noticed a loose wire that had an orange rubber cap. I took it back to the dealer the next day and they cleaned all the oil up and reattached the wire. (it was from the oil sending unit, just above the starter.) On the way home though, my meter fuse blew. I put in another one, same thing. It seems like it happens when I go over a bump and I thought it might have something to do with the wire from the oil sending unit, so I disconnected it again and it still blows. Now is it just a coincidence or does this have something to do with anything the dealer did? It was just reconnecting a wire. How could they screw that up? And why would it still blow after I disconnect the wire again? Could someone please point me in the right direction?

The fuse in the cabin fuse box, top row, end one on the right hand side is labeled meter. That's why I called it the meter fuse. It's not for one specific meter. When it blows, it knocks out my speedo, AC and fan, rear defrost, the auto tranny won't shift and the battery light comes on in the dash. Since this all started after my visit to the dealer, it's got to be something that they did when reconnecting the line for the oil sending unit, but when I disconnected the wire, it still happens. Since it seems to blow when I am going over a bump, maybe there is something stuck in there causing a short.

Someone's gotta have info on this.

i have been blowing my meter fuse and several others for a while now and am also trying to fix mine but i just thought i should mention that the battery light is comming on because that fuse connects to your alternator and while the fuse is blown your alternator is not charging and you are running on straight battery power. so make sure you have a fuse to put in there so you dont kill your battery and die in the middle of nowhere like i did.

Wild guess based on what you said the dealer did:

Maybe they did something to some of the tranny wires while doing the flush?

I thought of that too, but then wouldn't it have happened right away? The fuse started blowing when I went back to get to reattach a loose wire, wiched out to be for the oil sending unit. So they told me.

Now it gets worse. Before I was able to replace the meter fuse and she would start. I did it today and it wouldn't start. I'll try jumping it when my wife gets home from work. All I get is one click from the fuse panel area.

I got it fixed at the dealer today. $404.04 OUCH!

There was a short behind the fuse box and there was a melted wire that was running by the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. Everything seems to be fine now. Tomorrow the EGR valve gets replaced.

• 3 weeks later...
I got it fixed at the dealer today. $404.04 OUCH!

There was a short behind the fuse box and there was a melted wire that was running by the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. Everything seems to be fine now. Tomorrow the EGR valve gets replaced.

ouch, well atleast you got it figured out then