new sliders!

StatutoryApe

check out these sliders i got!

P6210235.jpg

my friend bought those sliders and a rear bumper that came off a '94 4runner, but the sliders are too short for his truck so i bought them off him for $100!!! I was told they're either Marlin Crawlers or Trail Gears.

they're just the right length at 65" i looked it up and apparently the 4runner has the same wheelbase as the pathfinder @ 104" so that worked out well. i also like the kickouts on them too. they'll make a nice step to get to my roof rack. lol.

let me know what ya think! also, i'll take any pointers on placement of the sliders since i have a body lift and all and am not sure exactly where to mount them.

Edited by StatutoryApe

Looks like they were already tilted for a BL, I would have them welded directly to the frame & centered between the wheels. Do a mockup first and see that they come out far enough(you can always shorten the legs if too long) and if they come up high enough to look good w/ your BL.

worst case you can always have the legs cut off and new ones welded to avoid blocking body mounts and to achieve desired position.

I can't wait to see em on your rig, take some pix of your mock-up too!

Sweet deal on the sliders. After having putting sliders on a couple of trucks I figured out the the best mounting option for the Nissan was to weld sections of c-channel to the sliders. The c-channel should be just big enough to wrap around the frame from the bottom. First, get your channel pieces cut making sure that they are big enough for mounting hardware and the tubing to be welded on, then drill mounting holes through the channel, fit the channel pieces to the frame and drill through the frame being careful not to puncture anything important, weld the channel to the sliders (gusseting is recommended), bolt them to the frame with proper hardware and you're done. I would probably have them powder coated prior to mounting to stave off rust. On that same note, I would make sure that you primer the frame after drilling the mounting holes. If you ever need to remove them for repair or to sell the truck all you have to do is unbolt them and go. As a bonus, this also makes it easier to chop off the mounts so the sliders can be used on another vehicle.

Sweet deal on the sliders. After having putting sliders on a couple of trucks I figured out the the best mounting option for the Nissan was to weld sections of c-channel to the sliders. The c-channel should be just big enough to wrap around the frame from the bottom. First, get your channel pieces cut making sure that they are big enough for mounting hardware and the tubing to be welded on, then drill mounting holes through the channel, fit the channel pieces to the frame and drill through the frame being careful not to puncture anything important, weld the channel to the sliders (gusseting is recommended), bolt them to the frame with proper hardware and you're done. I would probably have them powder coated prior to mounting to stave off rust. On that same note, I would make sure that you primer the frame after drilling the mounting holes. If you ever need to remove them for repair or to sell the truck all you have to do is unbolt them and go. As a bonus, this also makes it easier to chop off the mounts so the sliders can be used on another vehicle.

thanks for the advice. that sounds like a good idea. i like bolt-ons for the purpose of detachability especially since *in the long run* i wanna get rid of my body lift and swap the front. but as of now i'm trying to get good at wheeling w/ IFS before i swap it. and i like my 33s (which require me to use a body lift) i don't know though. we'll see how "professionally" i do this. i think a friend of a friend is gonna weld these on for me for free, so we'll see what i can get out of him. lol.

hmm I checked marlin and trail gear, I didn't see em...

yeah, i didn't see them either :shrug:

like i said i was told they were either marlins or TGs. either way, i don't really care. hahaha.