Loose steering

MaritimeMan

Ok, ever since I went wheelin the other day, the steering has been actin funny. She has had a slight alighnment problem nice I lifted her, but I just chalked that up to the poor fit of the AC upper arms. Now, the driver side is ridin lower that the right, however, I adjusted the T-bar to even that out, but now, the D side is riding on the upper A arm bump stop, with a solid 1/2 still on the passenger side. Every time I hit any bump in the road, the wheel wobbles back and forth, and requires a conscience effort to keep her trackin straight. A steering stabilizer is waiting for me in Cali, however, I feel there is more to this problem that just that. Tomarrow, I will let both sides down a bit, re-index if I have to, but does this sound like worn steering components?

Also, the front tires seem to fight each other when in 4wd, and there is a definate rubber sound when accelerating. They seem to try to go in different directions, not sure if toe-ing in or out. Might be mud still stuck in the hub, haven't looked yet, but is this even a possiblity? Do not like it at all, and well an whole revamp of the forward end might be in the works soon, as finances allow.

Any advice/ insight/ experience/ options are welcome at this point.

M.M.

Sounds like your alignment is off a bit due to the t-bars being set one way, then the other, plus the wobbly steering components don't help. Mine has been wonky since I started off-roading it, it's just something that comes with the pastime and has to be dealt with or fixed as best you can...I've been through three centerlinks and a full set of tie rods, three idler arms, all four balljoints plus one more upper balljoint, all my bushings are shot, etc, etc, etc...

Also could have somehthing to do with the UCArms not fitting right. I'm not sure how they are off, but even a slight difference will drastically change the dynamics of your alignment... coupled with adjusting the torsion bars and it's probobly WAY off.

I just recently replaced my CV boots, and even putting everyhthing back they way it was I ended up with excessive camber and toe (from the fron my pathy looked like " \--/ ")

88 with all those replacements of the steering components, would a serious upgrade such as the Camini kit be woth the money? I understand the type of playing we do is hard on parts, and I'm sure a majority of the components on mine are more than worn, and need replacement. Sounds like you would have an idea, how much would a standard rebuild cost vs the Calamini kit?