what is the biggest tire you can put on a 90 pathfinder

shane

right now i have 31/10.5 on my pathfinder and i want to go up one size bigger to 32/11.5 but im kinda worried if it will stress the engine to much. Also i think it will rub i have 8 inch rims and a 1 inch offset witch helps a little but not much. so what size should i go to?

31x10.50x15 STOCK.

33s with a 3"+3".

32s with a 3" either or.

What do you have on yours?

The engine isn't the concern, it's fender and frame rubbing you have to be worried about. 33s kill the power though, but it doesn't cause problems other than added wear on IFS parts. 32s should be fine.

SEARCH is your friend.

31x10.50x15 STOCK.

33s with a 3"+3".

32s with a 3" either or.

What do you have on yours?

The engine isn't the concern, it's fender and frame rubbing you have to be worried about. 33s kill the power though, but it doesn't cause problems other than added wear on IFS parts. 32s should be fine.

SEARCH is your friend.

could that be a body lift?

If I remember correctly all you need is a 3" body lift to clear 32s. You can do a suspension lift as well, 3" is 3". Body lifts are cheaper though. You may need wheel spacers or a rim with different offset and less backspacing to clear the width of an 11.5" tire.

Edited by Kingman

what do you think would be best 31/10.5, 32/11.5 or 33

the 31s are on now and there nice but i want to try and get one more inch on there when i go and get my bfg km2s

That depends. If you have the money for a suspension and body lift, go ahead and get 33s. However, they are more mass to turn and our engines struggle with them a little. There is a thread on here about the trade offs of 31s to 33s.

And I don't know. I think someone on here has 32s on a stock set up, but I don't remember who. hopefully that person will read this and offer some more insight.

Edited by Kingman

i hope so to, from what you say the 33s sound like they will slow me down alot but the 32s seem to be just right i just hope i can fit them with out cuting

i had 32" tires on my pathy but it rubbed a little bit when i hit bumps and when i had to flex alot or go in reverse. drivng normal it was ok. I only have a 1 inch lift though. if u had a 3 in lift you would have no problems

'87-'95, doesn't matter. Mine is completely stock and it's 33" from the ground to the fender well and 15" to the bottom of the rocker panel.

Edited by Kingman

you can google up ratio's and how they change with tire size...but pretty much it changes the "gear ratio" and it can be adjusted with new rear gears (i think 4.9's for 33s) but that's pretty expensive so most people just deal with it, esp if it's not a DD.