cv joints at dangerous angle

Greetings masters of the Pathy....I have a 1999 Pathy with 2"in lift coils, gr-2 struts up front and rx17000 shocks in the rear. My problem is that now i have installed the lift springs, the inner and out boots on both sides in front have ripped due to the extreme angle....any idea how to rectify this (no im not removing the lift springs)....taller tires, better cv's, etc????

the pic isnt the best, but it gives a good idea of my situation..........post-5907-1242056035_thumb.jpg

Manual Hubs wont lessen the angle. But, when left unlocked they will lessen the wear on your CV's (as they will not be turning, as per stock). :aok:

"Greetings masters of the Pathy....I have a 1999 Pathy with 2"in lift coils, gr-2 struts up front and rx17000 shocks in the rear. My problem is that now i have installed the lift springs, the inner and out boots on both sides in front have ripped due to the extreme angle....any idea how to rectify this (no im not removing the lift springs)....taller tires, better cv's, etc????"

Just curious, what Wheel/Tire Combo are you running?.......I'm soon to install my AC Lift as well, BUT am going to use After Market Weels and New Tires. Curious how much of an angle mine will be at? I'm ordering my Manual Hubs Today.

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

those look like aftermarket boots.

I've found that those are pretty stiff and don't flex as well. maybe try some OEM type..

I was looking at that, too. Never seen a blue one before.

X4 on the boots. It looks like they aren't ripped, but pulled off. New boots, and tighter clamps should server you just fine.

"Greetings masters of the Pathy....I have a 1999 Pathy with 2"in lift coils, gr-2 struts up front and rx17000 shocks in the rear. My problem is that now i have installed the lift springs, the inner and out boots on both sides in front have ripped due to the extreme angle....any idea how to rectify this (no im not removing the lift springs)....taller tires, better cv's, etc????"

Just curious, what Wheel/Tire Combo are you running?.......I'm soon to install my AC Lift as well, BUT am going to use After Market Weels and New Tires. Curious how much of an angle mine will be at? I'm ordering my Manual Hubs Today.

im using stock wheels, running 31x10.5's

X4 on the boots. It looks like they aren't ripped, but pulled off. New boots, and tighter clamps should server you just fine.

yeah, i was lazy on the blue boot its one of those fancy glue on boots...it jsut fell off...the other 3 were oem, they lasted 10 minutes once i installed the springs....but hey, im sure they were old and needed replacing anyways....i appreciate all the info that was sent my way, but minus manual hubbs, im kinda a**ed out on reducing the angle, huh??