1996 and 2000 model parts interchangability

Does anyone know if all of the spare tire undermount stuff from a 2000 will fit a 1996 Pathfinder?

I wanna convert from the rear swinging spare tire carrier to the under the rear spare tire mount.

Does anyone know if all of the spare tire undermount stuff from a 2000 will fit a 1996 Pathfinder?

I wanna convert from the rear swinging spare tire carrier to the under the rear spare tire mount.

I have a 1996 SE 4x4.....With the Tire mount underneath, no swing gate....My spare tire is on my roof rack.....But I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR SWING GATE......Wanna trade?

I have a 1996 SE 4x4.....With the Tire mount underneath, no swing gate....My spare tire is on my roof rack.....But I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR SWING GATE......Wanna trade?

I was able to locate the spare undermount stuff. Thanks. The swinging spare tire mount is heavy and I don't think it's easy to mount if your Pathfinder didn't come with it.

I was able to locate the spare undermount stuff. Thanks. The swinging spare tire mount is heavy and I don't think it's easy to mount if your Pathfinder didn't come with it.

That is correct. A few years ago I investigated this myself. I found that the right rear quarterpanels on tire-carrier-equipped Pathfinders have extra body reinforcements where the carrier mounts that other models don't. There's also some different parts on the rear bumper, where the carrier latches.

I found that the right rear quarterpanels on tire-carrier-equipped Pathfinders have extra body reinforcements where the carrier mounts that other models don't. There's also some different parts on the rear bumper, where the carrier latches.

After all of that work you could've just had a rear bumper with a sing tire carrier built.

After all of that work you could've just had a rear bumper with a sing tire carrier built.

It wasn't really that much work. I visited a wrecking yard, where they had a tire-carrier-equipped Pathy, and I popped the plastic rear panel off the passenger side and felt around inside the cavity where the mount attaches. Took me all of about 10 minutes. In comparison, my rear bumper and carrier took a couple of months to build.