Brakes

Hey, my pathy has 2 disks and 2 drums. I was thinking about making it a 4 disk brake. Is this a easy conversion? Or is it much more complex than I think?

Any help and advice will be appreasiated.

P.S- Does any one have the CD repair manual for the pathys? I lost mine and I cant find it. Its driving me mad...

its posted around here somewhere..i think its in the garage or general forums pinned

yes it can be done but you need to find the donor at a JY...I really don't know what the advantage to 4w disk is other than if someone has upgraded their tires and it increases maintenance costs I believe there are also a few topics around that explain the process to do that

just did it myself. Very easy swap. I even re-built the parking brake drum inside the disc b4 installing (also easy if you have FSM). I found my donor parts @ a JY for $80 it had brand new pads on it too! Tools and parts came to less than $100 for my whole swap. one axle comes out another one goes in, bolt up and bleed. DONE!

I followed NissanNut's guide. http://nissannut.com/projects/H233b_disc_brakes/ with only a few differences;

No e-brake mods needed for wd21

Had hardlines to swap(makes it easier)

replaced inner oil seals.

Chiseld of dust shield @ the spot welds instead of grinding(looks cleaner)

and you don't really need the rubber rings the keep the parking bake to your trailing arms. so if the donors don't fit (tubular arms vs. "I" beam arms) just cut those loops off.

Also no MC change is required! parts stores list 2&4 disc versions but they are the same and Nissan has the same PN for both disc and drum rear ends.

EDIT;

almost forgot lol. Braking Is MUCH Better! The pedal feels fimer and you feel the baking much sooner in the stroke. be-careful the impovement may surprise you.

Edited by MY1PATH