How much lift?

EmptyV

So it seems kind of hard to find a definitive answer to this question so I ask: How much lift do the OME 923 front and 922 rear springs add? I've got a 2WD 2001 QX4 without an ARB bumper/winch.

Billy

I really don't understand why everything says 0.5" and 0.75" lift springs. Is it really that difficult to give the proper dimensions? I'm going to order my 922's right now, woot woot!

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

yes, actually it is. because the same springs will lift different trucks different amounts.

you drive a 2WD so the numbers are going to be different from FUELER's.

search harder: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7192

If searching harder means going through 11 pages then f-that. I think a search engine that brings up relevant posts opposed to entire threads would make things much easier and the board in general wouldn't have to answer the same question 10x.

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

If searching harder means going through 11 pages then f-that. I think a search engine that brings up relevant posts opposed to entire threads would make things much easier and the board in general wouldn't have to answer the same question 10x.

Billy

You can ask that the search function only bring up the actual posts, under advanced search options.

from the THIRD POST in that thread:

I must have skipped over that one :friday: I wonder if his 2002 is identical to mine because the ride height could be different right?

Billy

From what I could tell, the OME springs are actually about 1/2" taller than stock. The balance of the lift comes from a different compression rating. I think each of the options are physically like this, but have higher compression rates.

With the OME HD (923?) coils

just wanted to correct this - OME923 is a medium front coil, ome928 is the HD front coil.

(rocky road has them mislabeled, causing confusion all over the www)

So how much of a pain will it be to add the spacers after the rig is all put together? I'd be stoked if I don't need the spacers.

Billy

if you add the spacers AFTER everything is put together its like a 1-2 hour job. all you have to do is remove the entire strut/spring assembly, pound out the stock bolts, and put it back together with the spacers on there plus longer bolts.

way easier than changing out a spring (which you are lucky is already done for you, if you buy from Tyler)!!!

if you add the spacers AFTER everything is put together its like a 1-2 hour job. all you have to do is remove the entire strut/spring assembly, pound out the stock bolts, and put it back together with the spacers on there plus longer bolts.

way easier than changing out a spring (which you are lucky is already done for you, if you buy from Tyler)!!!

Tyler should be shipping those out in the next few days :fireworx:

Last year my buddy and I changed out my shocks and struts and had to deal with the springs. That was a pain in the ass for the first side, I think it took about 4 hours. Once we figured out the passenger's side and the smoke cleared :cheetos: it only took us about 30min for the driver's side. We had no idea how to use the spring compressor but figured out that it's much easier if you let them do the work for you. :headwall:

Billy

*my "vocabulary" is so small* spring compressors. i was doing my rears and the spring compressor finally broke and let go, luckily the spring was already positioned in place so it just shot right into the groove where it belonged!!! That was the cherry on top of breaking the bumpstop bolt, boy was i happy to toss those spring compressors into the GARBAGE where they belong

*my "vocabulary" is so small* spring compressors. i was doing my rears and the spring compressor finally broke and let go, luckily the spring was already positioned in place so it just shot right into the groove where it belonged!!! That was the cherry on top of breaking the bumpstop bolt, boy was i happy to toss those spring compressors into the GARBAGE where they belong

Wow you got lucky, how the #@&% did it break?? Those things are ticking bombs and scared the sh!t outta me when I was messing with them.

I just got an email from Steven @ Rugged Rocks, the 922's are back ordered till May 5th, I'm bummed!

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

hahahaha me an InfinQX4 probably got the last ones they had

nah just kidding, im sure they get shipments all the time (from Australia to Washington state) cause the springs actually have the manufacture date on the sticker and mine were from March 09!!